HARLEY QUINN S1, E7 Reaction Thread - šŸšØ WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD šŸšØ

I feel like in the next episode Harleyā€™s drive to become a real villain is going to take a u turn. I bet the Legion of Doom isnā€™t at all what she thinks. Thus, begins the antiheroā€™s journey.
Also I just canā€™t seem to get away from Wanda Sykes. I see her talking about mental health on Bojack Horseman, there she is, in person, yelling at Larry David in Curb, then I see her as ghostly Harriet Tubman on Big Mouth. Now sheā€™s fighting the Justice League. Itā€™s by pure coincidence Iā€™m seeing all these shows close together. Sheā€™s everywhere and everything and Iā€™m ok with it.

3 Likes

Iā€™m really loving the Ivy Kiteman relationship. It works. I know they will probably make Ivy and Harley a thing, but I donā€™t want it on this show, Iā€™ve already seen it, just like Iā€™ve already seen Harley with joker for years through BTAS. Iā€™ve never really cared in the comics and thought it was good for Harleyā€™s character, but idk, I donā€™t want to see Kiteman get dumped. If I was writing the show the only way I would split up Ivy and Kiteman is by having Kiteman killed off in a sacrifice or something. But idk. We will see.

7 Likes

Cutting a little against the grain here, but probably my least favorite episode of the season so far, mainly because I find the Queen of Fables completely unfunny. Good for HQ to figure out sheā€™s a bad guy not a bad person but QofF I could do without. In general, I love this show and find Ivy Kiteman is hilarious. He totally is not her type, but her she is. It happens sometimes. Iā€™d be cool if Ivy-Kite ran its course, but he should stay part of their circle anyway.

2 Likes

Ikr

Hell Yeah

3 Likes

Iā€™m disappointed Ivy and Kite man are a couple. I love Kite man as a character. Heā€™s hilarious! But I want Harley/Ivy! If I donā€™t see that Iā€™ll be bummed. I really thought that was where they were going. This is actually one of my favorite episodes just because it wasnā€™t completely ridiculous like the last one. The plot advanced and it had some seriousness to it. I love the, ā€œIā€™m a bad guy, not a bad person,ā€ quote!!! That totally goes with Harley. Thatā€™s going to be a new favorite quote for me. Iā€™m not sure how I feel about Ivy. She tries to give Harley advice, but other than that I feel like their interactions are lacking. Ivy seems to not care enough about anything. She just said she ā€œpretendsā€ to not care, so hopefully weā€™ll see some character development there. :poisonivy_hqas: :harleyquinn_hqas:

1 Like

Michaela Brooke - Be patient.

Hell yeah more like Hell no to IVY/HARLEY
Even though he is abusive I hate seeing harley with anyone but joker

3 Likes

Welcome to the community. This is a great show.

1 Like

Welcome to the community.

My second favorite episode of the seven aired so far. We got it all: Frank the plant cameo, Ivy and Kiteman, Queen of Fables going off (Humpty DUMPTY!?!?!!?!) Seriously I laughed out loud at Humpty Dumpty and The Big Bad Wolf.

Perhaps the best side gags on the series so far. The magic book with twisted fairy tales has all kinds of future story adventure potential. Highly recommended. 4.5/5 stars.

7 Likes

I find myself caring about Ivy and Kite Man way more than I expected. At the end when Queen of Fables got him, I gasped and started laughing. What a show. Theyā€™re really going for it.

Hell yeah - Man, Kite

3 Likes

I love this show! this episode was really good and funny. Poor mice, he was badass and adorable at the same time.

3 Likes

Okay, I still really, really like this show. Itā€™s still as ridiculous as it deserves to be. With the Queen of Fables, the ridiculous level just went off the charts, and I really like it. :clap:t5:

It still is my least favorite episode though because it felt ā€¦ disconnected, I guess? Donā€™t know how else to say it. It just didnā€™t mesh for me, at least. But I did love Harleyā€™s realization that sheā€™s not a complete bad person even though sheā€™s a bad guy. One more step toward anti-hero.

What surprises me is King Sharkā€™s varied blood reactions. On one hand, he goes crazy and tries to eat Robin. On another, he eats the head off a security guard in another episode and just faints at the picnic scene? Maybe he needs to be in water? I donā€™t know. Itā€™s strange.

Now, my favorite character: Ivy. I was happy she went along more with the crew, but this episode was a leap backwards, and it was all in favor of developing her in a relationship thatā€™s ridiculous in all the wrong ways. It felt like Ivy is just ā€¦ there and not actually willing to help the crew, which is not how she was in the previous episode. Once I saw her sneaking to that apartment, and I just KNEW it would be Kite Man, I knew there would be nothing I liked about Ivyā€™s scenes this episode.

Well, hereā€™s to hoping he either dies or they just break up by the end of the season. Otherwise, in the scenes heā€™s in, I know Iā€™m going to tune them out, which just ā€¦ sucks. Still love mostly everything else around the show.

1 Like

Love the show, and all the characters in it.
Kite man reminds me of the tick.

3 Likes

Well Iā€™ll be darned!

3 Likes

Another awesome episode.
Enjoyed the fairy tale stuff. Especially how they were all twisted and insane. The Big Ba Wolf looked awesome and Humpty getting cracked was hilarious.

Ivy and Kiteman (Hell Yeah) were nice. It definitely a sweet relationship. I know there are people hoping for the Ivy & Harley relationship but I enjoy that they didnā€™t dive into it right away. They are trying other stuff and I like that. Will I/H happen who knows but right now Iā€™m enjoying this.

Clayface was awesome. Enjoy his backstory. Shark of great as always. Psycho showing some new skills. And Frank is back.

Enjoyed the episode. The theme was nice and definitely shows the different types of villains as theyā€™re all in it for different reason and have there own rules that others may not agree with.

2 Likes

ā€œIā€™m gonna get some more cough syrupā€.

5 Likes

I recognize the Super Mario ā€œpauseā€ sound effect when I hear it. But that definitely does not look like a Nintendo controller.

Btw, does anyone know what Harley cries at the end of every episode after the credits? It kinda sounds like ā€œWhatā€™s what!ā€

2 Likes

Doctor Psycho is an absolute riot in this show, he makes the whole show.

5 Likes