HARLEY QUINN S1, E10 Reaction Thread - šŸšØ WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD šŸšØ

Of course I realize she needs plants. That is established in episode one and you donā€™t even need to read the comics to understand that. Just from the framework already established on the show.

One would assume sheā€™s near plants outside, yes/no? Maybe not? Donā€™t know. Kelp grows on the ocean floor, so for it to rise from the bottom of the ocean (miles down, in some cases) for that to work, surely she could summon some plants outside the building.

Itā€™s comedy, Iā€™m not one of those people who wants absolute logic in comedies for them to work, but Iā€™m not the only one here who has said more could have been done.

1 Like

Simply the fact that people are arguing about what is or is not canon for this show is a sign that itā€™s a great show.

4 Likes

Remember. This is a mob bar. Tables probably reinforced to be used as shielding is case of a shoot out

1 Like

I might give them the benefit of the doubt on this one. My first reaction was the same as yours, but then I realized she was confined in a sterile buildingā€¦not in her plant-filled lair, outside, or heck even open water has enough line of sight with sea plants for her to manipulate.

Just me ok

No no. They were probably meant to emulate Margot Robbieā€™s. Iā€™m with ya haha.

Not sure why the system removed the quote I was responding to. :confused:

I havenā€™t seen this mentioned yet, but itā€™s a cool Easter egg: Harleyā€™s grandmother looks almost EXACTLY like future Harley herself does in Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker!

1 Like

Funniest episode yet!

1 Like

J.B. Smoove is on Conan tonight. Itā€™s probably about Curb Your Enthusiasmsā€™ return. I canā€™t see how they couldnā€™t mention HQ tho. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I love DD or D&D I guess.

I love Frank!

So the curtains just stopped the bullets though? :woman_facepalming:

Iā€™ve noticed that, for me, this showā€™s at its strongest when Harleyā€™s with her crew. This episode felt like a bit of a drag without Clayface and Psycho and King Shark. Now that Harleyā€™s reached her lowest point, thereā€™s nowhere to go but up. I hope she reconciles with them soon.

So late on sharing my thoughts about this, but I think this episode hit middle of the road for me. Not the best, but still amusing. It was cute seeing her crew having fun without her, but I surprisingly didnā€™t miss them. Harley needed a moment to be ā€œaloneā€ and truly reflect on things. Sad that it had to hit so hard for her though as I didnā€™t think her family would play her like that, but boy did I crack up when her grandparents died.

I was feeling iffy about Ivyā€™s weakened state, but assumed they were drugging her up. Interested to see why itā€™s Scarecrow though as he doesnā€™t seem the type here.

Canā€™t wait for the rescue mission though. Frank being the one to go to hell and back just to get Harley to save Ivy is gold. Heā€™s amazing and deserves all the screen time heā€™s getting.

I love comic science discussions like this. Truth be told this show actually opened my eyes to all the amazing plant based stuff and powers Ivy has access to. When she breached the surface I was sure it was Mera or something then it was her. I was like ā€œhow does she breathe under there?ā€ I think she was siphoning the oxygen from the seaweed and kelp to her hold her breathe. Remember in The Other Guys when Will Ferral was like ā€œwe will construct a breathing apparatus made of kelpā€. I think thatā€™s exactly what she did. Dandelions are pesky weeds, I donā€™t imagine them turning into a giant monster at all. You could beat them by blowing on them.

Well Iā€™m over a week behind (was out of town visiting family. They did not try to kill me, but my Grandpa did die, so thatā€™s weird)

All Iā€™m gonna say is BANE IS THE BEST