HARLEY QUINN S1, E10 Reaction Thread - 🚨 WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD 🚨

Three good Quinnzels are dead.

3 Likes

One additional observation, those mob guys may actually be worse shots than Imperial Stormtroopers.

5 Likes

Yeah, based on what other people are saying, it seems like the herbicide weakened her abilities, which definitely makes sense. It would have been better if they had one measly little line making that part explicit, otherwise it really just looks like Ivy’s powers are a forgotten little detail.

3 Likes

Nah. Harley is legitimately hard to hit when she’s juking like that (bullet dodging is especially effective in close quarters, where you must make more significant angle adjustments to fix your aim). Stormtroopers (and honestly most action movie villains) seem to have a hard time hitting stationary targets. Medium range is where it’s easiest to hit a target and you’re less prone to over- or under-correcting.

1 Like

They largely failed to hit anyone, though, even when Harley remained stationary behind a thin wooden table that wouldn’t have stopped a bullet and couldn’t have made her that hard to target.

2 Likes

Now, THAT is definitey true. The table would not have been enough to protect her.

I haven’t seen anyone else point out the table, but everyone in the first episode was like “wow, a pile of paper cash isn’t gonna protect you from bullets”, but imagine trying to shoot clean through a block of wood THICKER than a whole tree.

Loved how Harley’s Jersey accent came out when she went home. I’m used to the Brooklyn one but enjoyed the strong Jersey one.

I also liked how they continue to build why Harley isn’t a true “bad guy” by looking at her family history. She doesn’t want to be like her father which really explains why she’s different than other villains. They’re keeping her character consistent as they build the story and I appreciate it. It creates a better, more immersive and realistic story.

8 Likes

If you follow the comic series like I do you were surprised by how Harley’s family acted toward her. And I’ve got to say I was surprised by who was behind Ivy’s capture. As for who put the contract on Harley, not so much surprising as sort of funny.

2 Likes

Added funny. because he used Penguin’s LOD credit card and “Bang” said he should only pay cash for a hit.

2 Likes

Awesome episode.

Bane is the best. Really fun at the ending. I was dying.

Franks adventure was fun. And the crew at the amusement park was fun too.

The fun Italian jokes were nice. Had a little laugh at the Kmart scene.

Ivy and the kindergarten teacher was great. Enjoyed him switching from teacher to goon. And Scarecrow as the boss. Is he working for Lex. Is he doing this for his own gain.

Harley’s family adventure was nice. The 80s intro was cool. Wonder what happened to the bro. Can definitely see how she ended up how she did. The dad and mom double cross didn’t see coming but gramps dying when he mentioned the blood pressure I did see coming.

Overall an awesome episode. Can’t wait for more. Really enjoying how what I thought would be a random fun comedy show is also delivering a really great story.

5 Likes

I thought it was pretty realistic to have bullet resistant tables at a mob owned restaurant.

3 Likes

I don’t think we’re meant to overthink it. The end game from a storytelling standpoint is that Harley HAS to rescue Ivy to save their friendship.

Edit: Sorry, this is the first forum I’ve used in a decade, and I don’t remember how to quote the post I’m responding to even after messing with the quote buttons.

2 Likes

Really fun episode and surprisingly action pack! This show doesn’t dissapoint.

Bane speech/lesson for josh was the funniest part of the episode.

2 Likes

Just highlight the text you want to quote and a hover-over text should appear that says “quote” – then you can click on that and it preformats a reply post with the board code.

As for your comment about not overthining the story? You might be right, I just think it was jarring that they have this guy talking with Ivy throughout the episode and didn’t use that for more dramatic tension. Maybe a MacGruber like countdown? Something a little more exciting than dude just talking to Ivy.

It’s only one episode, there are plenty more :slight_smile: Am eagerly looking forward to next week.

2 Likes

Yeah, they used Ivy’s scenes for comic relief instead. Which is cool on its own, but considering that was the cliffhanger of last episode, it’s not as fitting as it could be.

2 Likes

Thanks!

Takes more than blood to be family. Especially if they are trying to spill yours. Loved Harley’s regression into the accent. And FRANK!! If he’s appearing, sign me up.

1 Like

After seeing Harley’s family her former relationship with joker is making more and more sense. And I love how when Harley thinks to go someplace where people love her unconditionally her first instinct is Ivy. Because even though it becomes all so evident who her real family is Ivy is ultimately her rock, her best friend, her sister, her mother figure, whatever, Ivy is her rock.

I think this episode really just confirmed that Harley isn’t exactly a super villain but more of an antihero. She has lines that she just won’t cross. I think her wanting to be a super villain in the first place just spawned from her trying to prove to joker and everyone else that she could be not because she actually wanted to be, That she could get into the Legion of doom and be considered an equal not because she actually wanted to be. I honestly think Harley still just has a lot of identity issues.

On a lighter note Bane is always a delight. Never expected little Joshie to be the one who put a hit out on Harley. Give me more Frank the plant please! Love the 80’s intro for Harley’s family too funny.

I guess I can forgive the downplaying of Ivy’s powers because it was mentioned that she was probably weakened when they gassed her. But still that is something that should’ve been clarified a little better. One line of dialogue could’ve cleared that up.

The school teacher being a hired goon just trying to make ends meat so he can fund his teaching job was too real.

Another good episode.

6 Likes

Why didn’t she just us the plant to rain havoc on the factory?

You do realize that Ivy NEEDS plants to make her powers work right? Anyone who’s actually read the comics, or even paid attention to the first episode would understand that. She also can’t summon plants out of nowhere, there has to be one within 50yds of her for to manipulate it.

And the last time I checked, Ivy has average strength, so she ain’t gonna be picking up cars anytime soon.