:batparrot: Gotham Knights (TV Show) S1 Discussion Thread :batparrot:

Well if that doesn’t explain the strength of the US Military…

3 Likes

Same here! LOL.

2 Likes

Every superhero does. But if they didn’t, there’d be no one to save the rest of us. Everything in life is a paradox.

3 Likes

Hopefully, they are smart enough not to end the season on a cliffhanger.

5 Likes

I hope so!!! The Winchesters was smart to end their first season satisfying, obviously hopefully it’s renewed but it’s still smart. I want more seasons for this show but I still hope the season ends satisfying.

5 Likes

The action scene in the armoured car was pretty good. Some of the settings featured better production values than you’d normally find in a CW show. I thought Misha Collins and particularly Navia Robinson as Carrie Kelly did a sharp job with their roles.

On the other hand, Duela seemed to be channeling Judy Tenuda
Judy Tenuta’s Network Television Debut | Letterman - YouTube

Bruce is dead and Hunter gets hauled away in cuffs, but NO ONE is going to march in to Bruce Wayne’s house and go poking around for a Batcave… so Hunter and Steph can get away with using the cave beneath Wayne Manor for this and every future episode - what a stroke of luck

Seeing the police throw Hunter in the exact same cell with the other kids suspected of killing Bruce drew a big eye roll from me

The show only got permission to use the obscure Bat characters (I consider a never-transformed - or really, really well-recovered - Harvey Dent to be obscure). It’s like they went digging at the bottom of DC’s garbage can, found some old socks, and now they’re gonna wear those socks around like you wouldn’t believe.

Why not make the show about Black Vulcan getting murdered, and now Marvin, Wendy and the Wonder Twins must solve the mystery…

4 Likes

Also, the Harvey Dent here is yet to be scarred, despite Batman being old enough to be on his fourth of fifth adopted ward. So the list of characters CW was denied the right to use must have included James Gordon.

3 Likes

Not entirely sure that’s true here. He’s certainly not a rookie as he was far enough into his career for many to consider him Gotham’s protector. But the way Carrie talked about the Robin role and how the name came about actually leads me to believe she’s the 1st and only Robin in this universe. I’m not gonna completely assume until/unless we get full confirmation of that, but given that these writers clearly wanna focus on less popular Gotham characters, it wouldn’t surprise me

5 Likes

I also got the impression she was the only Robin. Again that makes her lack of red stick out.

3 Likes

I’m just here to see how badly everyone reacted to it

4 Likes

This Harvey Dent will be the first version to be portrayed accurately, every other Two-Face is given a lame origin story, face gets destroyed, boom, he’s evil. When in actuality his backstory is much more complicated, which none of the movies have done, I think I was told that the only show where they did treat him right was in Batman: The Animated Series.

3 Likes

How beloved is Carrie Kelley in the comics?

4 Likes

Very.

3 Likes

No

Harley Quinn

The Dark Knight Returns Part 1

Lego Batman Family Matters

3 Likes

The Beware the Batman series did a gradual lead-up to Harvey becoming Two-Face that will very likely surpass what they do in Gotham Knights. I don’t know that “accurate” is the best term, since the character got scarred in his very first comics appearance. The Batman Year One use of him as Harvey Dent was nice to see, but that’s the earliest notion that pre-Two-Face Harvey was worth spending time with

4 Likes

Watching it now and it feels like I’m watching the early seasons of Gotham and that’s not a bad thing. I love the actors especially the actress playing Jokers daughter.

3 Likes

That’s somewhat true. B:TAS gave us 17 well-written episodes to fully understand Harvey’s character and mental struggle; you don’t wanna see him become the villain, but your still curious about the result.
Even then, he did the right thing at the end of the two-parter, cementing that somewhere in that fractured psyche, Harvey is still intact…

SHAME THEY FORGOT ABOUT IT IN EVERY EPISODE ONWARDS!!!

2 Likes

17 episodes?! Damn, that’s definitely a good long arc.

Messed up and another reason I will never see that show, because I’ve been told it’s incredibly episodic.

2 Likes

Is a ship building between Turner and Duela?!!! A romance between Batman’s son and the Joker’s daughter, and why does that intrigue me? Hahaha!!!

3 Likes

Second Chance

The Judge

2 Likes