:batparrot: Gotham Knights (TV Show) S1 Discussion Thread :batparrot:

Well, sure, they do occasional very special episodes where the villains are actually malevolent Lovecraftian entities, but a typical Batman villain is for sure closer to the Court of Owls than a typical Scooby-Doo villain.

1 Like

as someone who has not watched many of the DC shows…which ones are WORSE?

5 Likes

The Buffy the Vampire Slayer tribute episode in Smallville Season 5.

The Pete Ross episode in season 7.

The Quincinera episode in Superman and Lois.

The Smallville segment from Crisis on Infinite Earths

That Beware the Me episode where the screen is nothing but blackness all episode.

3 Likes

Those are very specific! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I don’t think it was really supposed to be a surprise to people who hadn’t read the comics. A lot of the people watching this show are DC fans, but a lot of them are just The CW fans, and there’s nothing wrong with pulling a surprise on them that’s not a surprise to the DC nerds. I don’t think the plot suffers because it’s not a surprise, given that it’s “revealed” one episode in. I hope there’ll be proper surprises later on though.

2 Likes

Naomi, all of it.

3 Likes

:laughing:

3 Likes

Gotta disagree with you there, man. I loved that scene, mostly because I like seeing Luthor get humbled, even by a powerless Clark.

2 Likes

Well said!.

2 Likes

That’s a bummer. I never watched the show, but I liked the comic.

3 Likes

Don’t take my word for it. Give it a chance & maybe you’ll like it :slightly_smiling_face:. I enjoyed the first season (volume?) of the comic, which is what attracted me to the show, but I found them to be totally different experiences. There was a thread here dedicated to the show and seems like that was the general sentiment.

3 Likes

It undid 10 seasons.

Of course is losing to Clark. Welling looks like he can eat Cryer with his stomach tied behind his back.

3 Likes

I truly, completely enjoyed this premiere and I cannot wait to see more!!!

What surprised me the most from this premiere is how human this Bruce Wayne is, he adopted a son and didn’t force him to become Robin? Who saw that coming? Hahaha!!!

3 Likes

Huh. I thought Bruce just loved having tiny meat shields.

2 Likes

I mean that is correct.

2 Likes

I am Boss’s meat shield, and I am perfectly happy with that.

1 Like

Is she okay? Does she need help from a professional?

1 Like

Yes.

I am a professional. Who better to entrust a child’s life to than a guy who will get her to take on an army of murderous kryptonians cult.

2 Likes

So, the US Military?

2 Likes

No, she battled the US military back she was 13.

3 Likes