:batparrot: Gotham Knights (TV Show) S1 Discussion Thread :batparrot:

That would be interesting, to say the very least.

3 Likes

I know, right? :smile: :smile: :smile:

2 Likes

Sixth commercial break check-in!
Harper’s new hair :slight_smile:
“Most wanted… Wanted most.” Dammit Cullen, you’re still my favorite though.
I’m sorry, Harper got “Arthur Brown” from… Brown? D’you know how many Browns there are? There’s a whole football team of them! Or I don’t know, one of those games where attractive beings are use ball to make points.

3 Likes

Seventh commercial break check-in!
“Thirty-four, your approval number?” :clap: :clap:

4 Likes

Tenth commercial break check-in!
For a stealthy assassin, this Talon individual sure grunts like an Asian character in an early 1990s martial-arts movie.

2 Likes

That it would.

3 Likes

Well, her father is the well-known host of a television quiz show. With paparazzi and tabloids dissecting celebrities lives down to the smallest detail it wouldn’t be impossible for the world to know he had a daughter.

2 Likes

What about Stephane? Her last name, according to the comics and and cast list, is BROWN.

3 Likes

Yeah… I know. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

And only NOW did I use google. Arthur Brown is Cluemaster in the comics.

2 Likes

E2

Great episode

The mystery continues

Steph trying help but with the bat tools gone needs to find another way. Her friend that helped when caught seemed to be doing something nice but I think he’s court.

The gang tries to learn more. New clothes. Carrie gets a red jacket nice. They get the journals meet a talon and save duela. Cool seeing the talons in action.

The court has the mayor and the butler interesting :thinking:. And Carrie took the pages :thinking:.

What’s the truth? Will our team be able to clear there names? Or is this the end? All this and more Same Bat Time Same Bat channel

1 Like

They should be getting razors. Shave head.

Brown is way too common a name to put that together.

Why are the journals not easiky accessible to Robin?

Good thing Turner knows Catwoman. No wsy are these horrible disguisers master thieves.

At least Bats is not slaughtering baby owls this version.

Hi uncle. Meet your nephew. I love family reunions.

Obvious trap is obvious trap.

Should have hit him when he was just lying in his back.

That ending explains why Carrie kept him talking.

1 Like

Gonna put this out there: My completely ludicrous theory is that Turner is actually a Talon. Would explain why he looks like Edward Cullen! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Carrie kept who talking?

1 Like

Arthur Brown is a famous figure in Gotham, it makes sense his daughter would be known, wife as well.

1 Like

Turner when reading the journal. This allowed her to skim the most recent one for things she did not want him to read.

2 Likes

I kind of agree with this theory. If not a talon definitely some relation to the court.

2 Likes

Ohhh, all right. Do you think she knows the truth about Turner, whatever it is?

2 Likes

It also doesn’t seem a stretch she would make that connection given she is attending a prep school for rich people that the most famous Brown in Gotham City is her dad. I mean yeah, clearly thrown in to give us the exposition on her family background, but it seemed natural enough, well… have seen worse examples of this anyway.

I thought this episode was a bit better than the first one for sure, and the cast seems to be getting some chemistry between them. Like the first episode it was nothing great. It bugs me seeing so many YouTube knuckleheads picking apart the most mundane things to try and sell the narrative this is the worst show ever made (No one cares that the CPU for the monitors was not present in the Batcave as one YouTube felt deseved a 10 minute rant, even though he didn’t seem to care last week when the same thing was true.) Especially when they throw in “the same writers as Batwaman” making it crystal clear where they were coming from with their hate and that they were not going into the show in good faith.

That being said… this show is far from perfect and while I am not giving up on it, this episode was made well after the feedback from the trailer, so they are not absolved. I don’t mind that this show takes liberties with continuity, I don’t go in expecting shows adapting comic books not to. It’s not like Marvel hasn’t taken plenty.

I can accept [spoiler]Stephanie Brown’s daughter is sme rich game show host and not a Batman villain (although I guess he eventually could be revealed to somehow be… but sees unlikely. At least the quiz show thing was something of a nod to his comic alter ego), I can accept Bluebird is not going to become Blue Bird, let’s not pretend that is defacing someones childhood hero. I can accept that Carrie Kelly n the present was the only Robin Batman ever had. I can accept Harvey Dent becoming Two Face after Batman died, I can even accept that due to stupid behind the scenes embargo nonsense they made up an adopted son of Batman over using one of the multiple options.

But the execution has bee lackluster and the show while far from horrible, has kind of been mediocre so far. I am still hopefull they can turn it around as many shows are not at their best 2 episodes in, but I also admit that the criticism of this show is definitely not unfounded, or solely the result of people popping a blood vesel there are LGBT and non-white characters in this show.

There were good things.

While not a huge fan of the Court of Owls I do think the show has so far done them justice. Duelle has been a compelling character, Stephanie Brown’s actress did a good job and has been true to the spirit of her comic counterpart despite the drastically different backstory, Harvey Dent continues to be well done and I thought the rest of cast all stepped it up in their poerformance.

I also am a fan of fugitive on the run trying to clear their name type stories. And having it with a Batman related backdrop has been my favorite aspect of the show. I just really hope they can turn it around. It is nice that the show is not the train wreck the initial trailer made it out to be, but in some ways the fact it is not as bad but not anything above average seems to be hurting it more. People will hate watch something “so bad it’s good” but most will move on if what it offers is mediocrity and so far that is what this show is.It is not a bad show, but has not been especially good either.

3 Likes

I Haven’t Watched Gotham Knights!
I Just Can’t Get In Too It!
I Haven’t Watched Lois and Superman or Flash Either!

2 Likes