:batparrot: Gotham Knights (TV Show) S1 Discussion Thread :batparrot:

50/50. Some might stay. It’s a lot cheaper to make news shows than superhero shows.

3 Likes

E1

Pretty nice premier

The story seems straight forward as this was the pilot to set it all up.

Steph seems pretty cool so far. A good friend to turn skilled in many fields. And going for the oracle role at the computer.

The Rows were nice. Similar comic backstory with the abusive dad. Nice to see the bond is strong. Definitely feel it will be tested.

Jokers Daughter seems just like joker. A Crazy criminal. But I think she has heart somewhere at least for the new team.

Carrie is Robin. Coming to save the day. Didn’t know his secret is it seems. But no color on the suit. At least she has the green goggles. Very cool so far.

Harvey seem to be his good DA self but seems to be in the mayoral race and under the courts thumb (not confirmed but the woman is definitely apart of the court. She has to be).

The court are the villains. Talons seem pretty cool here. And the New Alfred apart of it. Crazy.

Then there’s Turner. Doesn’t seem so bad so far but just seems like Bruce. Like they mad a mini Bruce and used that. Still wish they would have chose a ward out of the thousands he had but hey that’s it what they wanted. Over seems like he’ll do good for the show.

In short I think it’s a pretty enjoyable show. Definitely interested in it.

So who else is under the court? Will Harvey help? Can they clear their names? All this and more Same Bat Time Same Bat Channel

2 Likes

Infinitely better as a concept. CW really loves to add new characters to fill out the cast to appeal to some demographic. It’s not even surprising Turner exist as he came from writers who worked on Batwoman. Let me explain.

Prior to Batwoman season 2. Batwoman was about a white woman who girl bossed her way into a company she didn’t own to make a kind black man tailor gear and suits for her so she can fight crime for causes she had selective outrage over.
She would stop cops doing their job but wouldn’t stop her psychotic sister from killing people. Batwoman season 2 and onwards only became progressive by accident, when they removed the white protagonist altogether.

Turner didn’t need to exist. It would have been preferable if Carrie Kelly was the protagonist. Heck, if they wanted a male lead, I would have chosen Duke Thomas as a protagonist so he could be at least a established hero in the comics who would be a substitute Robin in the tv show.

3 Likes

I have to say, I am watching for Steph, and she’s not BAD, but she also has zero comics lore yet. I liked how they did Steph in Batwoman, and they have the same writer as that episode, so I’ll hold out hope, but so far, not good yet.

Everything else I found really frustrating and uninteresting. The characters are just not very smart, and the action is very cheap. Harvey has some good acting moments, but everyone tends to look way, way too old. And I was not a fan of just how violent the ending was. All in all…I’ll keep watching for Steph, but I’m deeply unimpressed, sadly.

3 Likes

I will probably watch it later today. I am just hoping for so bad it’s good.

3 Likes

Watched it last night. Took forever to get interesting. Hopefully the second episode is better

5 Likes

Welcome to the community

3 Likes

Welcome to the community, new friend! Be sure to let us moderators know if you ever need anything :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My take, copied from another thread:

Watched the first episode. I’m not connected to any of these characters, to be honest. Only reason I watched it is because it’s DC. So no expectations on my part. Did I like it? It’s alright. Feels like your average teenage Scooby gang show, this time with a Gotham twist. I did find myself asking “Why?” a lot during the episode. Why the original character in Turner? Why is Batman dead? Why another Gotham show without, you know, the guy ? Only answer I could think of is “Why not?” There’s nothing really all that compelling about it, yet. However, it’s not unwatchable like Naomi was. It’s an ok time. Will I continue watching? First episode was serviceable enough to do so. Will I be recommending it to friends & family? Probably not, at least not yet.

5 Likes

Welcome to the community!

5 Likes

I watched the episode last night and I loved all the Easter eggs sprinkled throughout. I also loved the acting, with everyone giving their all, though my favorite is Olivia Rose Keegan as Duela Dent. If we ever need a female Joker, someone cast her.
(Side note: I saw they got Doug Bradley to play Joe Chill. AWESOME!!)
That being said, the reveal of the Court of the Owls was not too great and I guessed it the second I saw Bruce Wayne with the coin before he was killed. I also think the mask design for the Talon sucks. They should have used the Earth-27 design:

I also think It’d be cool to see Duela’s Earth-27 design in the show:

That’s my opinion though.

3 Likes

I think Two Face is the only one of these characters created by Kane and Finger. I think everybody else was later. Even the main concept of Robin was likely made by Jerry Robinson.

5 Likes

I haven’t gotten around to watching this yet. Now, I feel like I need to hurry up and start watching.

6 Likes

Around 10 minutes in. This is awful.

5 Likes

Finished episode 1 hoping for so bad it’s good.

The worst part is Duela. Her comedy is awful, and she just wastes every frame other than ironically her dramatic scene at the end.

So Court of Owls are the villains. Time for Scooby-Doo since lets face it, they are just misplaced Scooby-Doo villains.

Almost all of the fights stank. The ending one was pretty good, and I am upset the trailers spoiled it.

I really do not know if I am bothering to come back for next episode or not.

Sure it stank, but I have seen worse shows from DC. It is not like this is the end of the world.

4 Likes

I don’t agree involving Duela and the Court of Owls (Even though the Talon mask looks like a deranged cat), but I will agree with you on the fights.
I also think we can agree the budget is pretty good, shown by the sets and Detective Cobb’s severed head, though the Batcave leaves a little to be desired. And I’m also wondering why the protagonists are using the Birds of Prey clocktower as an HQ.

2 Likes

Guessing “the guy” means Joker here.
The CW is not allowed to use Batman or Joker because of the movies and some kind of deal. The only time they could get around that was Hush pretending to be Bruce Wayne in Batwoman season 2.

2 Likes

I actually meant Batman, but same difference :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

What!? Just what!? Scooby-Doo villains are always one-off mortals who work alone and try to scare people but never hurt anyone. If every Scooby-Doo villain from every episode from the 1960s to the 24th century worked together in a grand conspiracy and ever killed anyone, it would be a way lamer Court of Owls.

3 Likes

2 Likes