Got Fabric In for My Blanket!

I originally saw the red fabric back in like march or april and thought how cute would that be to turn into a blanket?? I held off from buying it because it was out of stock at my store and you had to buy 2 if you ordered online. About 2 weeks ago, I was checking the store for availability on the red fabric and saw the blue fabric that matched! I ordered the blue fabric and got my sister to pick up the red at her store. She has the red in her possession. I’ll get it from her eventually. Once I do, it’s blanket making time!!

18 Likes

Awesome​:+1:

5 Likes

That’s fantastic @Soreita - excellent choice! I can’t wait to see when it’s all finished!

5 Likes

This is the cutest things I’ve seen!

5 Likes

That’ll be an awesome blanket when done. I like the fabrics.

4 Likes

So cute! Where’s it from?

4 Likes

I do hope you intend to show us the finished product. :hearts:

4 Likes

Thanks everyone! For anyone wanting to make this kind of blanket, I recommend getting 2.5 to 3 yards for an adult. I usually get 2.5 (I’m 5’4"), but this time I bought 2 yards. So I’ll be making slight modifications this time around.

@MissGsptlsnz I bought them online from Joann’s. Type DC Comics in the search bar, and it’ll show you all their stuff. This one in particular is called Kawaii Ready for Action and Kawaii Tossed.

@Barrys.Better.Half I was planning to! I’ll probably get my missing piece next month unless my sister decides to visit sooner. In the meantime, here’s the batman blanket I made a couple years ago:

8 Likes

:rofl: I thought Batman was naked for a second.

This will be adorable!

5 Likes

I cant unsee it now xD

5 Likes

^^; sorry sorry

5 Likes

It is so cute!!

5 Likes

Hahaha its alright :yum:

5 Likes

Nice

3 Likes

I got my fabric from my sister back on the 4th. I actually didn’t start working on it until 2 nights ago. I realized either sunday or monday that now would be a perfect time to work on it since all the furniture had been cleared out to clean our floors.

Monday night, I laid everything out to measure how much extra fabric needed to be cut from the plain piece. And sown the outer pieces together.

I spent all of yesterday piecing everything together. Since my workspace was so small in the sewing room, I moved the sewing machine to the living room area. I didn’t want to risk knocking things to the floor.

Getting the outer edges pinned and sewn to the larger piece.

Gidget decided to help me pin the front and back pieces together.

Finally finished it last night at 1:20 AM. Ellie had been helping me with the sewing machine throughout yesterday. She was patiently waiting for me to finish her new blanket. :upside_down_face:

@NYJt3 @SuperBlueGrodd @KeyFamily @loganmichaelphilips @seitan @Roger.1031 @Barrys.Better.Half @MissGsptlsnz @CynicalPink @rwk

17 Likes

@TheQuestion101 @bat4185113man @Broken-Knight @Chocobopuppy89.24365 @tv_lover1234 @MegRojahn ^^^^

5 Likes

That came out so beautiful! Love that it’s reversible! I’d trade tokens for something of that quality. Thank you for sharing the final with us! (Also, your puppers are adorable too).

8 Likes

Also I thought I linked the fabric earlier but guess I didn’t.

https://www.joann.com/dc-comics-no-sew-fleece-throw-48in-kawaii-ready-for-action/16727331.html#q=DC%20Comics&start=1

https://www.joann.com/dc-comics-fleece-fabric-kawaii-tossed/16727323.html#q=DC%20Comics&start=1

5 Likes

Thanks!! I’m still sore from working on it xD

6 Likes

That is radical! It looks great! :+1:

4 Likes