Generation Zero

DC just announced Generation Zero, their book for Free Comic Book Day. Seems like 5G will start in May.

12 Likes

Here we go with another reboot. These things ever stick? :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

I’m sad to see Batman Who Laughs. They beat that idea into a pulp then reshaped that pulp into a horse and beat the dead horse into the ground. Now they are resurrecting it Fronkensteen style to terrorize us villagers some more.
If anyone at DC reads these things, just let it go. He’s so overexposed he’s one show away from being Guy Fieri.

13 Likes

Hard to say what will be inside, but I’ll for sure look for it on Free Comic Book Day!

4 Likes

Wally has Doctor Manhattan powers now? Yeah, sure, why not? If DC’s gonna keep bringing the toys out of the Watchmen box, they might as well play with them.
Does this mean he can just go back and…not do…Heroes in Crisis?

9 Likes

What day is free comic book day?

2 Likes

usually first Saturday in May

4 Likes

I give every new reboot a chance, but Wally in the Mobius Chair with Dr. Manhattan’s powers? My God.

9 Likes

I’m hoping they’ll bring back Connor Hawke now that Wally West is setting the universe “right” or whatever
-C

7 Likes

From the sound of it, the Manhattan thing is consequence from the Flash Forward mini-series. Turns out that’s going to be way more important than we thought.

Also, I wonder if this one-shot will start it, or if it’ll be a prelude to the next Crisis event that will start it, possibly Snyder/Capullo’s Metal 2.

1 Like

Well, if nothing else, Doomsday Clock already confirmed that this reboot will be its own Earth in the Multiverse (“Earth-5G”) alongside “Earth-52,” “Earth-1985,” and “Earth-Whatever We End Up Calling This Period Between the New 52 and 5G!” (Earth-Rebirth? Earth-2020?). Sure, “main continuity” books moving forward will be set in the 5G continuity, but it’s at least nice to know that WHATEVER continuity you prefer is still out there somewhere in the Multiverse.

DC: Endless reboots are a feature, NOT a bug!

6 Likes

Wonder Woman is in her New 52 outfit.

I’m stoked!

13 Likes

I’m intrigued and looking forward to this.

Batman looks to be wearing the yellow oval again. Being it’s been 20 years since that was last seen on a consistent basis in the main continuity, I hope it sticks around after this one-shot.

5 Likes

Yeah, that whole bottom panel looks like the Nu52 Justice League.

I’d love it if they wove Nu52 continuity into its own universe, one that we could visit from time to time. Or have annual JLA/JLA crossovers with.

Either way, I’m jazzed!

5 Likes

Yeah… trying to get my head around that whole concept. On the one hand, I’m excited for the possibilities, especially if New 52 is making a comeback. Also, with this new timeline project, I hope we end up with some kind of reference, that helps streamline things for those of us who are not strong on continuity/canon. The rumor about “everything happened” is intriguing. Interested to see if it’s true and how it will be implemented.

On the other hand, and for the first time ever; I’m experiencing just a little fatigue. I started reading comics about 9 years ago. Feels like there has been so many multiverse/continuity altering stories & events in that relatively short time frame, in my opinion. During those 9 years, I also read most of the crises that came before New 52. Seems to me that if this happens every 4 or 5 years, it kind of loses its luster/significance a bit. So for someone like me, who isn’t that big on continuity in the first place, I lose even more interest in it… since I know everything will likely change in a few years.

Overall though, I can’t see a poster like this and not be excited :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Agreed. That costume rocked!

6 Likes

POSSIBLE SPOILERS in the text below.

Despite being shown in the image the new timeline does not seem to signal a return of the New 52, as Wonder Woman has started her career in 1939, and if they haven’t changed what little we’ve seen of the timeline so far Superman apparently crashed in 1939 as well, starting his career as Superboy shortly after the war, and Thomas and Martha Wayne were apparently killed not long before Superboy and the Golden Age heroes went into retirement as the Senate banned superheroes.

Most likely we’ll be seeing the New 52 as the separate Earth that Dr. Manhattan was talking about in Doomsday Clock.

5 Likes

Yeah, I understood that when I mentioned their return. I think keeping it as a separate reality is a good thing. It allows more stories to be told on that earth, thus giving those of us that liked it the opportunity to continue enjoying it, without alienating those that didn’t think too highly of it.

2 Likes

Agreed. I think this would have been the best way to have handled the pre-New 52/post-Crisis universe as well, back when we got the New 52. Even if we weren’t likely to see it right away, just making it so that it was still out there as an alternate Earth might have had more people accept the New 52.

4 Likes

Ok everyone…Wally West is supposed to be the big Central whatsis in this event so lets go over what we’ve done with him so far…

We erased him,
We brought him back
We gave him a heart condition…
We faked his death…
We drove him over the edge…
We made him kill people…
We threw him in prison…
We dragged him across the multiverse…
We gave him back his kids…
We killed his kids right in front of him…
We locked him into an ultimate computer chair…
Now we’re making him a god…
What other tortures can we put him through?

10 Likes