Generation Zero

Making him face the wrath of the internet once things are rebooted and people are unhappy with the results? That’s got to be the ultimate torture right there :joy:

Sorry, I joke… Poor Wally.

8 Likes

Ugh, I’m not a fan of the rumored mass age-up that is supposedly happening, but we’ll see I suppose

5 Likes

in 5g wally develops the ability to shoot moldy marbles out of his boobs and forehead! pass it on! i’m gonna submit it to wegotitcovered

9 Likes

I’m going with RebEarth

7 Likes

Perfect! :joy:

4 Likes

@biff_pow :joy: :rofl:

How am I gonna get this image outta my head now?

3 Likes

i haven’t heard a denial from dc!

4 Likes

It looks interesting honestly

5 Likes

I think I’ll just be reading Red Hood after this reboot. Lobdell seems to ignore the greater universe and it’s continuity enough that I can mostly ignore it.

2 Likes

So who’s replacing who? I read Fox is going to be Batman. That’s a wasted opportunity imo. I’ve never once heard a fan suggest anything like that. Grayson permanently replacing Bruce is something I hear often.

Will it be as random and pointless with every “retired” character?

Aren’t comics supposed to be written for the fans? Ya know, so we continue to read them and spend money.

1 Like

Generation Zero? OY!

2 Likes

My suspicion is the different representations of costumes is more an indication that the story is multiversal not necessarily these particulars are involved and/or returning. But man it makes me really want Manapul to work on a story set in the JLA satellite era.

1 Like

Putting BWL at the front of this is going to save me a lot of money.

4 Likes

I’m just ecstatic to see the OG New Teen Titans!!! I want them back so badly, maybe with Kaldur and Artemis from YJ would be nice too. I’m also hoping they “erase” Lilith Clay/Omen by combining her with Raven. Raven has always been an actual omen of darkness and essentially has her powers but so much more.
Love that New52 Wonder Woman is back! Now if only they go back to making her look greek like New52 did and keep it that way.
And WTF is up with Wally??? How did he get Dr Manhattan’s powers? What do I have to read to get caught up in what’s going on with the universe/continuity?
If this is a new continuity I’m fine and kinda happy with it because they screwed up New52 with having everybody established in their careers but no relationships and just starting the Justice League. Then they did Convergence which I’ll be honest I didn’t quite understand how all the worked or changed anything. Then they ruined my two favorite books by breaking up Titans and shot my favorite character in the head in a different title, giving him amnesia, and essentially writing him out of his own book. So yeah I’m pretty much over this continuity and I hope that they’ve learned something from all this and do better in the next one.

3 Likes

@EverAJ Pretty sure Wally has the Mobius Chair now. Doc Manhattan killed Metron. It didn’t destroy the chair. The chair absorbed the energy of Manhattan. Now anyone who possesses the Mobius Chair is Dr. Metron?

I wish I could go back in time and snatch the Earth-2 idea right out of Gardner Fox’s mind. No Flash 123. No Crisis on Infinite Earths. No Zero Hour. No Infinite Crisis. No Flashpoint. No Rebirth. No Generation Zero.

1 Like

@Kon-El Well they did need to fix their timeline then. It worked… kinda. Until it was time for a new generation of audiences. Then Flashpoint happened. I started reading comics then because I had no idea where to start before. Then went back and read some older stuff. The problem is they have yet to do it right. And we’re gonna keep getting these events until they do. And it’s because they never set up a timeline from beginning to end. They’ve just let each writer sorta use all the things they wanted and had to fit it together. With this Generation Zero and 5G (5generation) initiative they’re doing they’re actually setting up a timeline. So they just might - MIGHT get it right.
Another good thing is that they seem to have their priorities straight cuz with New52 they removed all the legacy, even though beloved sidekicks and characters were present there was no real relationship because execs truly dislike legacy stuff obviously. I think they understand just how important it is now cuz these characters are the future and by taking that away there isn’t one. So I’m excited to see how this goes and hope it finally works.
As for what’s going on with Wally, the Mobius Chair, and Dr Manhattan you sound just about as lost as I am. I have no idea where any of that is coming from and I thought Wally was killed in Heroes In Crisis. But then again… this is comics. Even the characters that needed to stay dead come back.

2 Likes

CoIE had a timeline with the History of the DC Universe. And you’re right. The Post-Crisis timeline worked pretty well for about a decade. Not perfect, but pretty good.
Once the cracks started, they did Zero Hour with no real explanation of what was actually affected. And since then, nothing’s really worked.

3 Likes

I have been reading DC Comics since 1986. These are still my favorite characters in comics. This being said however, for me, Infinite Crisis and 52 were the last of what I consider normal comics and timeline.

Since then there has been a lot of good and a lot not so good. I am happy if people like what has been out there which I didn’t and I am glad for anyone happy about what is coming but I feel quite skeptical.

I agree with some who stated there have been so many reboots in the last nine years (starting with Flashpoint for me). I am just a bit worn out from reboots.

6 Likes

I’ve heard Jo Mullein is going to be the new earth GL and Jon Kent is going to be the new Superman, and there was also a rumor going around that the flash would be replaced by Captain Boomerang Jr, but it’s mostly been speculation so far I believe.
Edit: I’ve also heard Jessica Cruz get thrown out there for the new earth GL, but that was more in a ‘I want this to happen but don’t really think it will’ kind of way

3 Likes

I read rumors like this about the eventual replacements and can’t help this voice in the back of my head:

“Ugggh… It’s ok man; keep an open mind. It could be very good; you never know, but… ugggh!”

Will give myself every chance to get an board, because I like DC so much…but can’t say that this aspect excites me. I suppose it all depends on how it’s executed and how much the legacy and history of the current heroes is handled/respected. Time will tell, I suppose.

1 Like