FULL Trailer For The Flash Movie To Debut At Super Bowl LVII

I’m looking forward to see The Flash movie for many reasons. I like the Flash character since I was a kid. Keaton’s Batman appearance in the movie it’s a plus! Maybe the storyline will be some kind of flashpoint. Who knows?..

5 Likes

I keep hearing Flashpoint is confirmed.

4 Likes

I’ll never forget the first moments where it all started:

:00_batman_1989: :00_batman_1989: :00_batman_1989:

7 Likes

My family and I saw it on opening night at the local Drive-In! I was captivated from the jump. :star_struck:

I still have all the newspaper clippings about the movie I kept as a kid, along with the Now Playing listing from the Now In Theaters section. :smiley: :batman:

Annnnnd once the final credits were over, I needed that Prince soundtrack album STAT!

6 Likes

I :purple_heart: every part of this. :smiley:
:00_batman_1989: :00_batman_1989: :00_batman_1989:

5 Likes

Plus it was a Double Feature, and the scond movie was Beetlejuice!!! :beetle::beverage_box:

6 Likes

I know aomebody who had to stand, as the theater was too crowded.

4 Likes

Perfection. :trophy:

Also- these emojis.
:purple_heart:

4 Likes

SRO. I can’t say I’m surprised. If you’re not an older Millennial/Gen X/Boomer then you weren’t able to experience the EPIC level of buildup/anticipation that had been vigorously expanding for this movie in the year prior to it’s June 23rd 1989 release date.

Network television, CNN, local news affiliates- all were eyez on all the way to the premiere:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=batman+1989+news+coverage+

If you want a better insight into what it was like to experience the amazing Summer of Batman 89 the ever wonderful Mr @biff_pow has resurrected this thread and Excellent @xLOVEandDoomPatrolx @AlexanderKnox and I all regularly get together and compare memories. Come and hang out with us as we get ready for the return of #THEBatman here:

7 Likes

Excited to get our first, in-depth look at the flick.

And just for the record…I am excited for the movie.

I’ve been a Flash fan since 1990 (age 7) and while Ezra Miller’s actions (which have absolutely nothing to do with the movie) are absolutely deplorable, his abominable private life isn’t going to ruin my first chance to see one of my all-time favorite DC heroes in their first solo, live-action gig on the big screen, especially when THE Batman of my childhood is along for the ride.

Real-life is one thing. A movie that features fictional characters is something else.

If people want to boycott the movie because of Miller…fine, that’s your prerogative.

However, there are others who can and will say “Miller’s private life has nothing to do with the movie, and as such, I’ll see the movie and hope its good.”

I’m also excited for the big-screen debut of a new Supergirl (Keaton’s not the only big to-do about the flick :wink:)…even if she’s only going to be in this one movie.

cough I post there, too. :wink: cough

6 Likes

My bad Super Cool @Vroom. :disappointed: :hugs:

4 Likes

I feel the same way. :0_flash: :0_flash1:

5 Likes

Friendly reminder that Ezra uses they/them pronouns.

8 Likes

Its not like the Flash isn’t the easiest charactor to recast from Miller’s take. Just have him come out of the speed force looking different and never say anything about it.

4 Likes

I am muting this thread.

4 Likes

I can’t tell if you’re being genuine or not. If so, I’m sorry if I offended you or anyone else with my comment a few days ago.

2 Likes

It wasn’t you, it was some derogatory comments made toward non-binary people and my…less than enthusiastic responses to them that were all removed pretty quickly

5 Likes

Oh I missed all the drama. I made popcorn earlier and everything!

But in all seriousness, at least everything seems to be semi-back-to-normal now!

3 Likes

Oh, they’ll get recast. I have no doubt about that.

In fact, were I a betting man, I would bet heavily on Miller getting a pink slip once the movie’s theatrical and initial home video pushes have come and gone.

3 Likes

I’m never forgiving them for that

5 Likes