Friday Night Watch-Along! BYOM - CATWOMAN, 11/6 @5pm PST/8pm EST

Catwoman is the story of shy, sensitive artist Patience Philips, a woman who can’t seem to stop apologizing for her own existence. She works as a graphic designer for Hedare Beauty, a mammoth cosmetics company on the verge of releasing a revolutionary anti-aging product. When Patience inadvertently happens upon a dark secret her employer is hiding, she finds herself in the middle of a corporate conspiracy. What happens next changes Patience forever.

Please read on below to prepare yourself for how this works:

:white_check_mark:THE DEETS​:white_check_mark:

Who: You, silly!

What: Catwoman

Where: Right here on the forums! In this thread! In the comments below! Maybe on your phone! But also, you’ll be watching Catwoman on a big screen. So there, too.

When:: Friday, November 6th starting at 5p PST/8p EST

Why: Because the community that geeks out together, stays together.

How: Great question- read below!

1. CAN’T WIN IF YOU DON’T PLAY – CAN’T WIN IF YOU DON’T PLAY – Catwoman is not on DC Universe. To access, grab your copy of Catwoman on DVD or Blu-Ray, or find it on HBO Max.

2. DUAL-WIELDING – Watch-Alongs are best experienced on two devices; Your phone for comments, and your big screen for viewing.

3. 2, 1 LET’S JAM – Have your clicking finger on the “play” button and ready for action- we’ll be starting at the stroke of the hour.

4. CREDITS MUST ROLL - Please do not skip the opening or end credits so we all stick together. Anyone lost in the Speed Force, just let us know!

5. A WRINKLE IN TIME – If you get lost in the time, you can calculate where the audience is by checking the minute- For example, if it’s 5:15 pm PST, then we are 15 minutes into the show. Or, just check with us in the comments and we’ll happily let you know what we’re watching.

We’re so excited to hang out in the proverbial living room with you all and watch the events of this character-studded show unfold!

10 Likes

Oh no. Oh man. Oh jeez.

I’m gonna be here for this, but don’t be surprised if I lampoon the crap out of this. :laughing:

7 Likes

And that, @Jay_Kay, is COMPLETELY the point! :rofl:

6 Likes

Sounds Purr-fect, maybe I’ll join! :catwoman_hv_2: LOL!:laughing:

5 Likes

Been wanting to watch this here w/ everyone! :laughing::raised_hands:t3:
So. Thank you for this! :catwoman_hv_1:

5 Likes

Hmm…tempting. I really need to come in and declare this movie better than Batman Begins just to stir up trouble. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Please do, I always enjoy your negative comments, I might join you on being negative as well!:laughing:

3 Likes

Since this will be the new status quo
It is good to see our first HBO Max WAL

Catwoman has its moments.

I see
Steel and
Batman Lego.Movie
Are back

Steel has a lot of heart

Batman Lego is a great funny movie.

Please consider then for coming WALS

5 Likes

Holy potatoes, Doctor Jones! I’m in like Flint! I can’t guarantee I’ll stay for the whole shebang, but I’ll definitely be here for about the first hour.

I can’t wait to scratch into this overflowing litter box of a crummy, catastrophic movie!

3 Likes

I got to see this movie for free at the movie theater when it first came out, thanks to the free ticket when I bought a DVD movie from a store.:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Did you still ask for your money back?

3 Likes

Me too! I got tickets via the offer found in the BTAS Volume One and Super Friends: Season One DVD sets that came out ahead of the movie in July 2004.

Top-notch DVD sets I was happy to buy + a lousy movie and no money spent on it on my end=:grin: in the long run.

3 Likes

Nope, I didn’t. Which is fine.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Two more days to go! :catwoman_hv_3:
7fa28ac5bd10c9ee6431460cc12efe68
Uh-oh she’s coming!:fearful:
catwoman-scream
Don’t worry Michelle, we still like you the best! :catwoman_hv_2:
500full

4 Likes

I actually like aspects of this movie. Halle Berry was fine in this film. It was the way it was written. I haven’t rewatched it in forever, so I will definitely be HBO Maxing it up to watch with ya’ll. Will be a welcome distraction on Friday!

4 Likes

Yes. Yes she was…

Oh, and she did an okay acting job on the film as well. :laughing:

Seriously, have to give her mad props – Berry is one of the few, if not only star to actually accept the Razzie she got for the role in person.

4 Likes

Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman= :flexmentallo_dp:

Halle Berry Catwoman= :cat2::poop:

Can’t wait until Friday!

3 Likes

Sweet

2 Likes

We are now 1 day away from Catwoman Watch along!
giphy
Oops! Sorry wrong movie! Ah here we go…
tumblr_inline_pbzkvnSE8v1rh0l03_540
She’s ready for the watch along, see you tomorrow!:smiley_cat::cat2:

3 Likes

hums the MST3K theme

If only they (or Rifftrax) could have snagged a claw in this “movie”.

Perfect MST quote that applies to Catwoman:

Mike: “People often compare this movie to Ben-Hur.”

Bots: “Oh, really?”

Mike: “Yeah. They say ‘Ben-Hur is really good, while this movie really sucks.’”

3 Likes