Friday Night Watch-Along! BYOM - CATWOMAN, 11/6 @5pm PST/8pm EST

I hope this comment won’t get me banned, the number one thing about this movie I don’t like is the costume, I thought Catwoman look like a Cat Stripper! I would’ve like the film bit more if the Catwoman costume was done right.

1 Like

It certainly is a decision. Like, who can look at the costumes the character has had in the past 80s years, look at Michelle Pfeiffer’s Catwoman, and think “not sexy enough?”

That said that costume does help solidify that this is not Selina Kyle, so it’s got that going for it.

2 Likes

Also, I don’t know if I can link to it, because it has a couple of swear words, but just so you guys know, Halle Berry’s acceptance speech for her Razzie is on YouTube, and it is HILARIOUS. Just the fact that she comes in holding her Oscar alone was hilarious (not to mention an excellent power move).

2 Likes

The costume was very in tune with the era though. It was all about low rise pants and showing as much skin as possible.

3 Likes

I’m reminded of DC Daily’s coverage of the Birds of Prey TV series, where the ladies were constantly thankful that they didn’t have to wear low rider jeans anymore.

3 Likes

Low rider jeans were the devil’s work. :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

FACTS @Jay_Kay. It’s a fantastic speech! :raised_hands:t3: (Plus there are WAY worse movies out there—its not that bad. :catwoman_hv_1:) Check it out.

4 Likes

Another FACT :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

2 Likes

P.L. Trevor really hated that (sadly) movie!

2 Likes

:thinking:I’m not sure how this watch along will turn out, anytime I watch something on hbo max, the video kept freezing on me, either I’ve got a slow internet connection or something else.
Here’s hoping for the best.

1 Like

1 Like

I’ve gotten that too! Like it’ll just stop and boot me back to the main page. Usually doesn’t take long to get back, I lose, like, less than a minute, but still weird.

2 Likes

It drive me Crazy (play Patsy Cline music) for a while that I thought about canceling hbo max, but I’ll stick it out for now.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Great, now I got that song stuck in my head! :laughing:

2 Likes

LOL! Sorry, just a fan of hers! Her fictional movie is on hbo max!:grinning:

1 Like

5 minutes!

3 Likes

3 Likes

Which one? Monsters Ball or Catwoman? (Again, not a “good” movie, just not that bad.:wink:)
Also, been meaning to ask you if you’ve watched Cats yet? Is it soooo bad I have to see it to believe it? :laughing:

3 Likes

Heh, so I’m on the page for Catwoman on HBO Max, and the first listing for “More Like This” is Steel. That sounds about right. :laughing:

2 Likes