:00_flash: Flash Will End At Season 9 :00_flash:

4 Likes

Not a huge suprise. Looking forward to season 9!

4 Likes

Sad to see it end but knew it was coming. Wonder how theyā€™ll wrap it up as this seems to be the end of the Arrowverse as Stargirl Supes and Gotham Knights being on there own earths. Sure itā€™s apart of the same multiverse but so is every dc entertainment based of crisis. But the prime Arrowverse earth seems to be empty. Hopefully Justice U can maybe come and continue it but some rumors so saying it will be on Supes earth not prime. In the end who knows. But hopefully either way this season goes out with a bang.

2 Likes

Yes! Time to let them focus on a smaller farewell season and end well.

4 Likes

At the end, Iā€™m sure it will have been a great run for the Flash and Arrowverse as a whole. Yeah I think there were some duds, but they were very few, and the overall experience has been entertaining and fun.

Hoping we get a similarly long run of Superman & Lois and whatever DC elements and characters that may spin out of that. Maybe weā€™ll get a ā€œSuperverseā€ (dare I dream?)

6 Likes

I read somewhere that Grant would have done season 10(probably to tie with the end date of 2024, the same year flash supposedly dissappear in the crisis) but totally understand why it ended at season 9.

The obvious thing to discuss is how the network of the cw is obviously changing sometime in the future with the likely prospect nextstar is going to aquire the station and change the format into something else, on top of internal changes to the licenses of the characters with the WB-discovery merger refocusing on the creative direction of dc comics and itā€™s expanded media properties.

The point is that the Arrowverse wasnā€™t going to last forever and we should have seen this one coming.

If their is any chance, in the future we will see the universe again either in comics, animation or even a audio book miniseries.

4 Likes

This is hardly a surprise, but at the same time it does make me sad. The end of The Flash pretty much means the end of the Arrowverse. Of course, I think all of us knew it had to end sooner or later.

3 Likes

Heard things that this may be there plan to start anew with Supes connecting Gotham Knights and using there Diggle for Justice U instead of Arrows. Of course just small rumors but would seem cool.

3 Likes

The end of the Arrowverse and I have very low expectations for Gotham Knights. A sad day for sureā€¦

2 Likes

Yeah that does sound cool. Kinda like how they started a new animated movie universe after they ended the last one.

2 Likes

I wasnā€™t sold on the previews either, but have a feeling the show may be more entertaining than they let on. I base that on nothing other than wanting to be optimistic :slightly_smiling_face:.

4 Likes

I thought I was going to hate Smallville, loved it first episode. Iā€™ll give Knights a shot, but I have extremely low expectations, Dent ainā€™t even TwoFaceā€¦

3 Likes

Definitely a lot to talk about here. The news isnā€™t surprising and definitely needed since the showā€™s been past its prime for a while now. Iā€™ve certainly been harsh on it for several years, but a big reason for that is that I had already seen just how incredible this series could be. Season 1 remains my favorite Arrowverse season overall and 1 of my favorite seasons of any show, and season 2 was also fantastic. Itā€™s a shame it couldnā€™t maintain a consistent level of quality, but Iā€™m hopeful that the cast and crew will now be able to take the time to craft a satisfying ending for the show. It wonā€™t quite make up for the years of subpar material, but it can still go out on a high note and thatā€™s pretty important in its own right

What upsets me the most about this news is the realization that this will be the end of the Arrowverse. Itā€™s such a shame that itā€™s going out like this instead of on a more triumphant note. Though it certainly had some notable flaws, it still managed to be an amazing method of superhero storytelling that brought us some incredible versions of both well-known characters and underappreciated ones, along w/ introducing plenty of brand new characters who became icons in their own right. It really seemed like Crisis was ushering in a new era of the Arrowverse, but w/ everything collapsing after that event was over (COVID, Ruby Rose leaving, shows starting to end earlier than they shouldā€™ve, etc.), it looks like Crisis actually marked the beginning of the end

Iā€™ve loved this universe from years now, nearly from the beginning, and Iā€™ll definitely be sad to see it go. Part of me will still hope for 1 last big crossover event (this time as a standalone miniseries or something), but if this last season really is it, hopefully they can pull out all the stops to conclude whatā€™ll be over a decade of storytelling. Even though the CW will continue developing DC shows, this connected world has just meant so much that it deserves 1 last great ride

4 Likes

I thought they had already announced Season 9 would be the last?

Iā€™m actually happy that it will be 13 episodes. It gives the writers to opportunity to fully focus on one main plot for the whole season, instead of the double villain/plot thing that has been happening the last couple seasons. I think it will be a much better send off for everyone.

Iā€™m still sad to see this show go since I love it so much. But I think it really is time. :frowning:

4 Likes

I heard so many reports from unofficial sources, none from them.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t watched Flash since season 4. I do enjoy the Superman & Lois, but I wonder if CW will remain its home.

2 Likes

I really wish theyā€™d done 13 more than 22, much sooner.

Less filler that way.

6 Likes

I agree with everything here. I hope they end it with a bang. If theyā€™re not going to do an event to wrap the whole thing up, I hope they do one thing. Have the folks on Earth Prime realize that the multiverse is still out there and that Crisis hasnā€™t eliminated it, then pass the TV show baton over to whatever earths Superman & Lois, Stargirl, and whatever comes next are on.

3 Likes

You knowā€¦ Iā€™ve been meaning to say this somewheres, and this is as good a place as any. With the new direction TV shows are headed in, I will absolutely miss the 22 episode seasons. Stand-alone, so called ā€œfillerā€ episodes never bothered me. I liked living with my favorite shows and anticipating a new episode every week for half the year. This new model of binge watching a 6 to 8 episode season over a weekend has really blurred the line between TV shows and movies, to be honest.

5 Likes

There is nothing wrong with stand-alone episodes.

I guess Iā€™ve just felt for (well honestly) most of the run of the series, it could have been truly great with a more focused storyline and a little less of road to nowhere tangent storylines.

3 Likes