:00_flash: Flash Will End At Season 9 :00_flash:

I hear you, and there’s definitely something to say there with how they’ve had to “replace” some characters as actors left the shows.

The best way I can describe how I feel about season lengths is comparing a gourmet restaurant, where they serve you delicious samples of food on big white plates, to a classic American diner, where the food may not be as refined but tastes great and you get your fill & then some :joy:. Give me the diner any day. Poor analogy; sorry couldn’t help it.

What Superman & Lois is doing with the 15 episode season may just be the sweet spot for me.

3 Likes

I have no good expectations of it; should not have been given the green light

3 Likes

I am interested if it is so bad its good.

2 Likes

What shows fall under that?

2 Likes

I do hope with the ending of Flash that DC moves away from network TV and concentrates on getting more shows to HBOMAX.

3 Likes

I just want Stargirl to continue, whether the CW or HBO Max. It’s such a good series, way underrated. However, I am desperate to see the Green Lantern and Strange Adventures shows finally on the air. I miss the great shows we were getting from DC Universe, and I need HBO Max to step it up. Don’t they know how important my wants are??? (Sarcasm)

3 Likes

Still, nine years is a good run for a show, especially in genre fiction. They gave us Grodd and Gorilla City, King Shark, and SO many time travel shenanigans. They even got to do the musical episode. The Rogues never became, y’know, The Rogues, but they all got their turn in the limelight.

So, well done, Flash. We’ll never forget this show, and best wishes to everyone involved, going forward.

4 Likes

Not to mention paying tribute to the 1990 series, which probably prompted getting Shipp back for Stargirl, and that’s the ultimate compliment for every show involved, paying tribute, keeping it fresh, and making it work…

5 Likes

Well, they had the Batgirl movie but that might be shelved

2 Likes

It really is like Discovery only merged with the WB to destroy the company with these nonsensical cancellations, especially of Scoob sequel and Batgirl that were apparently in the final stages of post-production…

5 Likes

I think there’s a balance between what you sacrifice in qualify if you do 26 episodes of an ambitious action show every year, and still being able to justify it as a series rather than a mini-series. Mini-series back in the day were self-contained, and despite boasting greater quality, were soon forgotten. In this case, it seems like opting for 13 episodes is just recognizing that pretty every great flash episode idea has been done. They wouldn’t have a great 22-episode conclusion to the series, but they perhaps could have a great 13-episode conclusion.

4 Likes

Yeah I understand.

I guess I was just commenting on the current state of affairs with TV shows in general, especially on streaming. Feels like lots of series are mini series now, with a small 6-10 episode count that hardly justifies the word “season”.

In any case, hope they end it with a bang, a good one of course :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I’am Sad Too Hear That This Will Be Flash’s Last Season!!!
Hopefully, the Gallery of Rogues Will Pass Through!
Flash Has Great Enemies!

It’s Been A Thrill Ride!
Barry Allan and Iris West!
A Classic Romance Like Haw Man and Hawk Woman!

Hopefully, We Will See More Barry Allan and Iris West!
Like Aqua Man and Mera!
D.C. Has Lots of Great Romances, Like Green Arrow and Black Canary!

It’s Been A Fun Filled Ride!
The Flash family!
I Will Miss the Flash!!!

4 Likes