First Look: Batman Secret Files: Clownhunter #1 - Releasing on August 17th, 2021

BATMAN SECRET FILES: CLOWNHUNTER #1 PREVIEW - CLOWNHUNTER CONTINUES THE HUNT, THIS TIME STALKING A BOSS-LEVEL CLOWN. ALL IS NOT AS IT SEEMS THOUGH. CAN CLOWHUNTER SURVIVE AGAINST ALL ODDS?

On Sale August 17th, 2021

Clownhunter is back and on the hunt! The publishing team have very kindly allowed us to share a first look at this latest issue of Batman Secret Files! Take a peek:

Writer: Ed Brisson
Artist: Rosi Kämpe
Colors: Andrew Dalhouse
Letters: Simon Bowland
Cover: Mico Suayan & Romulo Fajardo Jr.
Variant Cover: Kofi Ofosu
Editor: Ben Abernathy

Synopsis: Clownhunter’s brutal mission to hunt down all the clowns from The Joker War continues! The untrained but focused vigilante stalks a boss-level clown, but his luck might be running out as he walks into an ambush set by Punchline! In a horrific parallel to his days at Gotham Academy, Clownhunter finds himself overwhelmed and outgunned…just the type of odds he likes!

Pre-order your copy today by heading to dccomics.com or hitting up your favorite LCS! :00_justice_league3:

Want another First Look? Head over to DC Comics to check out Nightwing #83!

Are you excited for the return of Clownhunter? Let us know in the comments below! :point_down:

8 Likes

The character hasn’t really inspired me yet, but I will be happy to give it a try and see if he grows on me.

1 Like

I’ve enjoyed Clownhunter so far! I’ll be grabbing this when it comes out.

1 Like

I will confess, I am not up to date with any of this: I’ve only ever seen Clownhunter on covers before. But I love the lack of capitalization - Makes me think of Justin (90% sure that’s his name) from Wonder. And I also love that Gotham Academy is becoming relevant again.

2 Likes

Looks cool! It’s been quite the ride with Clownhunter so far. Thank you for sharing @DC_Community!

3 Likes

I grabbed this today from my LCS and I really enjoyed it. The possibility of Clownhunter teaming up with Red Hood is a neat idea. And the most logical way for Bao to slowly join the Batfam.

2 Likes