First Look at Superman: Red Son

Good news! Here’s the first look and the cast list of the new animated movie, Superman: Red Son. Jason Isaacs will play Superman and Diedrich Bader will play Lex Luthor.
Sam Liu, who last directed Justice League vs. The Fatal Five, will direct this adaptation of Mark Millar’s acclaimed book from a script by J. M. DeMatteis. It will available early of 2020.
Source: IGN

18 Likes

Ooooweeee i can’t wait!

3 Likes

I never saw the appeal of Red Son.

1 Like

Let this be better than batman hush

3 Likes

Looking forward to it.

Red Son is the best Elseworld Superman book. It’s the ultimate flip the script and asks the question is Superman’s sense of right and wrong, good and evil, nature or nurture.

5 Likes

Nifty. This flick should be pretty rad.

4 Likes

I like the casting choices here. Just give him every Soviet hero role.
And the animation looks good in the picture too.

5 Likes

For someone who loves history and DC, this comic book is one of my all time favorites!

5 Likes

I’m just hoping this doesn’t turn out like Batman: The Killing Joke. That’s one I was excited about the most but was very disappointed.

Diedrich Bader as Luthor? MAN, that’s exciting.

1 Like

I have more faith in DeMatteis adapting this than Killing Joke being adapted Azzarello.

Does anyone know if this is officially part of new 52 universe? Or is it just a stand alone?

@Noelle147

Red Son is an Elseworld. It falls out of any DC official continuity. (Like Gotham by Gaslight)

My only regret is that it came 20 years to late. I wish it would have been released in Reagan’s first term. It would have been more impactful.

2 Likes

EK4nZ5_U8AAlFfd

I’m excited for this movie. I loved the first issue of Red Son. I’m hoping we get some really good Wonder Woman and Wonder Woman/Superman content :smiley:

5 Likes

This looks great. After a nice adaptation of this story on Supergirl’s fourth season with there being a “Red Daughter”, this looks to be a well anticipated movie.

1 Like
7 Likes

That trailer was awesome. Definitely have to add the comics to my read list.

1 Like

Yeah, the comic is a pretty fast read. Definitely already see a lot of it being depicted in the trailer.

3 Likes

Looks awesome. Can’t wait to see it.

I can’t wait to see it! I’m rooting for Bats, based off the trailer.