Finally new comics in the library

@TheDemonEtrigan, I 100% understand where you’re coming from, and will continue to do my best to represent the community’s needs. Thank you for being thoughtful in your response.

1 Like

I know the comics section is in flux this month, but I too was hoping we were only adding things, not removing anymore :frowning: Hopefully that’s still the goal and the library only keeps growing each month.

1 Like

I love seeing new comics section on DC universe it’s Christmas in January

So how many comics have been added

It’s a blizzard out there right now, it’s expanding and contracting. When I last looked, lots of stuff missing like Checkmate etc. But strap in, we’ll get to Comic Heaven soon!!!

As of today, there are over 2,500 new titles that have been added. Any comics that were removed were done so specifically with fan feedback in mind (incomplete runs, or comics that simply weren’t engaged with). We’re excited to share our complete list with you soon :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Interestingly, DC is also now part of Comixology Unlimited. It doesn’t appear that there are as many DC comics as here yet, but they are now part of a 20,000 comic strong lending library including most other publishers.

Looks like DC is seeing the wisdom of enticing readers with lending libraries. Good for them.

BTW, I don’t know if they are duplicates of this library but I strongly suspect that it is a subset of what we have here.

1 Like

So are the comics on here just back log of things 3 or more years old? Because that is all I see. I thought this would have new comics as they release, like I thought that was the whole point of subscribing to this thing.

1 Like

So many comics

1 Like

Going to have to wait until the full list is released. Starting to lose the ability to know what’s getting added throughout this process. Can’t wait to see!

@raulgonzalez

No one does that. Even Marvels outstanding library lags 6 months behind. They want to continue to sell new product so it would be silly for anyone to commit financial suicide by doing that.

2 Likes

It would totally kill the retail market to go day and date on release for new issues. Six months is a pretty good window. I’d be happy with even a 1 -2 year delay if it meant getting a full library (hint hint :slight_smile: )

3 Likes

My hope is that the recently well-hyped end of January announcement will be that as full of a library, with a 9 to 12 month delay natch, will be available for the discriminating fan for a slight fee.

Of course, maybe the announcement will be that DC Warner AT&T is acquiring Marvel. Imagine the Perez covers then!

3 Likes

I hope not. I don’t want the mouse’s leftovers :wink:

2 Likes

@mae Did you see both who is part of the new issue of Young Justice and who the villain on the first two pages is??? The Gemworld magic is BACK!@@

1 Like

Most likely the announcement will be that the library will be expanding from 2500 to somewhere between 3000 and 4000 issues. The focus is going to remain on complete series and longer arcs. Limited time titles (like DKR) will hopefully take longer to rotate out than they did before and there will be a better protocol for communicating what’s leaving when. I’d expect larger rotations will happen once every three months. We’re almost certainly not getting unlimited and we’re probably not getting new stuff in any appreciable quantity so I would lower your expectations for that now or risk being disappointed.

1 Like

@Don-El, I did see! And I adore that variant cover with Amethyst. Will need to hunt it down now, had no idea she was back!

3 Likes

I’m pretty bummed the Grant Morrison Action Comics run is gone. I never got a chance to get into it and I was pumped at the prospect of finally being able to see weird dungarees superman jump around

2 Likes

Morrison’s Action run is really underrated…one of the best books in the New 52 launch IMO. Sadly the library here only had 3 issues so there was never much of it here for you to get into in the first place.

1 Like

Oof, that Morrison Action run is why I decided against collecting during Nu52. To be fair, I’ve only every collected Super books, and Supergirl was the lone brightspot in that particular family.

Aaaand, what I actually showed up here to comment on before getting sidetracked. This comics library, not worth the yearly admission. Keep adding back issues, stop this rotation nonense, and I’ll re-up when my yearly runs out. This curation nonsense ain’t worth it.