Final Blue Beetle Trailer--Official Discussion Thread

Jaime Reyes graces our screens one last time before next month’s Blue Beetle movie releases, and we’re buzzing with excitement! Want to jump into the current run of Josh Trujillo’s Blue Beetle: Graduation Day? Give it a read with DC Universe Infinite ULTRA! For all the latest and greatest from DC Comics and Jaime Reyes, head over to DC.com.

What did you think of the Blue Beetle trailer? Let us know in the thread below, and get excited for the movie to release on August 18!

11 Likes

Nana with the alien minigun for the win. :rofl:

Looks fun! Definitely going to see it in theaters when it comes out.

9 Likes

If you insist. Nothing good. I owe the Shazam 2 trailer an apology. It could have been way worse.

5 Likes

Still meh. And really? Bringing the family crap? Why not replace George Lopez (who is not funny) with Vin Diesel?

5 Likes

I can’t get over how good the Blue Beetle costume looks in this. It just shows how sticking to the comic design always works. Don’t overthink it.

8 Likes

Oh yeah! looking forward to Blue Beetle!

5 Likes

I’m sorry, but I loved Matt Reeves low budget Batman costume and Batmobile. It makes Batman feel more grounded and real like Daredevil. I don’t like Batman’s fantastical elements and supernatural villains. Bruce Wayne hanging out with Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, and Aquaman, is just unrealistic to me.

5 Likes

The trailer was good but the music was horrible.

4 Likes

Same music they’ve been using in things like Black Adam and Black Panther.

4 Likes

I agree that it was more appropriate to the milieu of that particular movie. No complaints about The Batman movie. But if you’re fully embracing a superhero universe, you might as well embrace superhero costumes.

6 Likes

I love my spandex.

3 Likes

Just when I get a little tired of new heroes movie, dang that movie look really awesome! The costume for Blue Beetle look way better then the Smallville version. I think it’ll do good. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Any Hispanics here surprised they put the George Lopez line “You’re a superhero, cabron” in the trailer? LOL.

4 Likes

Agreed

2 Likes

Looks awesome™:+1:. Can’t wait.

2 Likes

Hah, yes. I loved that line!

2 Likes

My sentiments exactly, and likewise to BA (and also for Fury of the Gods). I don’t think it’s music designed to appeal to family audiences, which would be key to the film having legs.

I do agree with the few people who have mentioned that the costume still looks good. That said, I think Jaime fares worse as a superhero and as a lead/protagonist in this trailer, far more than the first one, where he spent more time as a teenager. Here, he feels more like he’s a victim of the technology/AI and simply an unwilling host, and some of things that had some charm in the first trailer (anything you can imagine, I can make real or however that went), here just feels far more ominous and menacing. The villain guy just feels like a stuntmen canon fodder from a D-list rejected police procedural pilot about drug dealing cartels and overall the trailer made me feel far less enthusiastic about this.

I will probably see it eventually, I have passes for both Regal and AMC, that I need to use up, so my watching it won’t contribute to the box office, however, and based on this, I won’t be fussed about that loss. I’m actually frankly not that excited about anything coming out between now and the fall, including Barbie and Nolan’s lastest, or anything else I see on the schedule. I’ll probably concentrate on catching up on my streaming pile of shows I’ve not gotten to.

2 Likes

Looks like a very fun (dug the Lexcorp nod), colorful movie and I’m in for the earliest laser-projected, Dolby Atmos-based screening I can attend. :+1:t2:

SN: @Jitsu Any plans for Blue Beetle emoji by chance?

3 Likes

I second it please!:grinning:

3 Likes

There are oodles of noodles of new emoji we need, but the timeliness of Blue Beetle necessitates Jaime and pals taking priority.

SN: I’m hopeful we’ll get a Nathan Fillion Guy Gardner emoji in 2025.

3 Likes