Female Led Titles

I was talking with a friend about DC comic books and we wondered what titles had focused on a strong female superhero or focused on a female team at DC. I am wanting to know books you, the community may know of. For this, I want where the main character was a female and the focus of the series. No duo of male and female (So no second Hawk and Dove). Birds of Prey and Gotham City Sirens would be examples of female team books to me.

Some I Know already:

Supergirl (multiple series)
Manhunter (Kate Spencer series)
Wonder Woman
Birds of Prey
Batgirl
Gotham City Sirens
Power Girl
Harley Quinn
Vixen: Return of the Lion
Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld

Remember I am looking for the book title and it does not have to appear here, I just want to know the history of DC female comics. Thanks!

6 Likes

Catwoman. Huntress ( she had her own title ) There is two I am sure I can think of more

1 Like

There’s a fairly new team up comic called Harley Quinn and Powergirl, it’s actually on this app if I’m not mistaken

1 Like

Raven from the Teen Titans has never had an on going I think but has had a couple of limited series.

1 Like

Black Canary Katana Poison Ivy ( She had a few mini series ) There are a few more

1 Like

DC Special: Raven [2008]-5 issues
Raven [2016-2017]-6 issues
Raven: Daughter of Darkness [2018]-8 issues
Starfire Vol 2 [2015-2016]-12 issues
DC Special: Return of Donna Troy [2005]-4 issues
Katana [2013-2014]-10 issues

2 Likes

Batwoman, Bombshells, DC Super Hero Girls

2 Likes

Superwoman [2016-2018]
Silencer [2018-current]

1 Like

Chase [1998] 10 issues

1 Like

Harley and Ivy had a mini series together and Harley teams up with several females in her little black book run

1 Like

Mera, Queen of Atlantis
Batgirl and the Birds of Prey
Old Lady Harley
DC Super Hero Girls (kid targeted)

2 Likes

Batwoman
Elegy by Greg Rucka, Detective Comics 854 - 863 (on DC Universe)
New 52 Batwoman (issues 1 - 6 on DC Universe)
DC Rebirth Batwoman

1 Like

I’m sure there are ones in their other imprints too like Mother Panic and Death from the Sandman comic. Also golden age Mary Marvel had a series of her own, but technically published by Fawcett. Lois Lane, too, I’m pretty sure has had a series of her own.

2 Likes

Would love to see Mother Panic here.

2 Likes

I think Batwoman is one of the strongest, most developed, female heroes to come out in a long while.

1 Like

Agreed. Can’t wait to see Ruby Rose rock the crimson cape in the Arrowverse crossover and then on her own show. It will be so epic.

1 Like

Here are some

Lois Lane - she had her own long-running series, which lasted through the early 1970s.
Starfire - the 1970s space adventure character, not Kory from the Titans.
Black Orchid - the original version appeared in Adventure Comics in the early 1970s; then, there’s the Vertigo version.
Thorn - she had a back-up series in the Lois Lane comic.

And, thank you, PrincessAmethyst, for mentioning Amethyst, herself! Amethyst is a great character, who deserves more prominence in the DCU, especially considering that she is a Lord of Order.

2 Likes

Sorry don’t remember exactly but DC had a Worlds Finest title with adventures of Power Girl and Huntress just a couple years ago. It didn’t last long. Also Isis had a short lived solo title by DC in the 70’s that of course coincided with her TV show.

1 Like

renee montoya had an unfortunately short run of comics as The Question. they’re pretty great if you can find them

3 Likes

Silencer! She even made an appearance on this week’s episode of Arrow