Female-Led Plastic Man Movie In Development

@Angel.Azrael I have to say that I agree. While I don’t see gender bending as something wrong in fan creations, such as art or fics, its a AU troupe. But the silver screen is different. I could see maybe doing a movie where Plastic Man gets a female character counterpart, and the movie sets her as the protagonist, such as what @mrmiracle prompted, but even I, as a female, wouldn’t see the point in making a male character into a female, and vise versa. Granted, I’m not saying that it can’t happen, but I think the execution of it would have to work. The key word in this title is in development, so perhaps someone has the idea for it, but the story itself has to be planned and written out? I honestly feel like I’m in the middle when it comes to opinion (even if my first comment may not show it that much). Obviously the initial news would be shocking (it was to me) but again, the story has to make it work. Me personally, I don’t see why a gender swap is needed, regardless of what the initial character’s gender is, but if it can work, such as a new female character to star alongside Plastic Man for example, I don’t see why not, but this is just my perspective. I hope I made sense here, I know this is a wall of text with a bit of repetition :grimacing:.

But I do have to say, when I think of female Plastic Man, I think of Rita Farr, but that’s just me.

5 Likes

But Why though? Don’t we already have a female character with similar powers on doom patrol?

7 Likes

9 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

I’ve heard this and every article I see is confusing with the wording.
From what I’ve seen it’s either
A. Plastic man being portrayed by a female actor
B.female led as in the director is female
C. Kind of swamp thing situation like the show when Abby felt more of the main character in a show named after swamp thing and they’re doing something similar.

In the end I’m fine with whatever. Always up for more DC stuff and most likely will watch it and enjoy :+1:

5 Likes

What an interesting way to approach the character. I have trouble picturing a female Plastic Man, but it could be amazing. I’m really into @mrmiracle’s pitch’s though.

4 Likes

Can we mostly (“Mostly.”) bill you?

3 Likes

See this is a good idea. Instead of doing a pointless gender-swap, make it a story that’s still new and has representation and something that adds on to previous canon.

3 Likes