Favorite New Heroes

It isn’ t easy to create a character that people want to see more of. So I’m asking what some of your favorite new heroes are that have been created in recent years. There are 3 that stand out to me that I really like

-Harper Row AKA Bluebird is a fun character that should be utilized more. I would love to see an ongoing for her. It would be a good way to have new Gotham based stories that play with ideas that they migjt not be able to do with the more establisjed Bat Family members.

-Jessica Cruz is one of the most relatable heroes in a long time! The concept of a Green Lantern who struggles with anxiety is ripe with storytelling potential. While I’m happy that John Stewart is getting a solo title, Jessica Cruz deserves one of her own as well.

-Yara Flor is one of the buggest successes of Future State. While I had mixed feelings on that whole event, I clicked with this character. And yes, I’m still mad they canceled her solo and they better giver her a new one soon! Or at least have her partner with Diana in her book, develop a Hero and Sidekick relationship.

12 Likes

Simon Baz

Sky Tyrant

Idamm

3 Likes

Nubia isn’t technically new, but since she was only in around three issues or so and then disappeared for decades I would say she is a new character, and she has been amazing.

I also like Yara Flor, but I found her comic series confusing (although the art was gorgeous). I would definitely be interested in seeing more of her.

8 Likes

I thought Simon Baz was pretty cool. He worked well the Cruz as GL partners

3 Likes

Was there a particular thing about it that confused you?

5 Likes

I love Simon Baz, Jessica Cruz, Jo Mullein (can you tell I like Green Lantern?) and Yara Flor, and would love seeing more of all of them.

5 Likes

Simon was a cool character and he worked well with Cryz during their Rebirth title. One of my favorite from that era. Jo is also very interesting and I loved the “Far Sector” mini-series

5 Likes

I’m a huge Hal Jordan fan, so I was surprised and sad when he was going to be off the book for a while. But after maybe an issue with them I was totally on board. :slight_smile: Far Sector is amazing, too. I’d heard a ton about how good it was and it totally lived up to the hype.

6 Likes

Stitch! More Stitch please!

For me, it’s the breakout character from Teen Titans Academy.

6 Likes

@EDT You make topics I like to see talked-about. Keep up the good work.:+1:

5 Likes

Thanks! Honestly, I just post what’s on my mind in the moment

5 Likes

No one particular thing. It just seemed all over the place to me and I didn’t feel like it really explored who she was. Regardless, I loved the art and was sad to see it cancelled. A new character and comic series sometimes needs time to solidify, which they didn’t get. I think they will bring her back. I can’t say how she is regarded overall, but there was a lot of love on the forum.

2 Likes

I myself have a dozen and I definitely talked a lot about them in other topics.

Jessica Cruz is somebody who might be my favorite Green Lantern for being one who persevere despite the challenges she faces. An incredibly relatable hero, she’s funny, tragic, and when she needs to be, an badass.

Plus might I say she makes incredibly beautiful and vibrant constructs.

Luke Fox Batwing is someone who might be my favorite in the Bat-family. His Iron man aesthetic is a big draw for me. A young genius whose the son of Lucius Fox. His skills in tech and martial arts make him a powerful hero when he becomes the Batwing.

I really appreciate his prominence as this second Bruce Wayne in Gotham. Makes him stand out from other people in the Bat-family as someone whose position in Gotham can make him an equal to Bruce Wayne.

Honorable mention

As of late, Ghostmaker, Batman newly established frenemy that loves crime-fighting as a sport. His design is sick and kicked Deathstroke butt in their first confrontation. That instantly makes him a favorite.

Screenshot_20230328_175148_Infinite

8 Likes

#1 Jonathan Kent
#2 Kong Kenan the Super-Man of China
#3 Bunker
#4 Simon Baz
#5 the new Marvels (Pedro, Eugene and Darla)
#6 Naomi McDuffie
#7 Wallace “Ace” West
#8 Batwing (David Zavimbe)
#9 Rykaktoro
#10 Batman of China

6 Likes

They aren’t heroes, but I adore the Arkham Academy kids. It was such a thrill to have Enigma back; I was literally counting down the days until Batman: Urban Legends #21 dropped just so that I could see her again. Her classmates turned out to be a lot of fun too. I really hope they come back again in the future so we can learn more about them and the program they’re in.

6 Likes

I adore the Arkham Academy kids too. I was actually saying that I want them to come back recently, too. I am glad I am not the only one who misses them!

6 Likes

Here’s some I don’t think have been mentioned yet:

Whistle had such a great introduction in her OGN, and she has shown up in the pages of Teen Titans Academy and therefore can be used in the main universe.

She’s only shown up in one issue so far, but I love Marilyn Moonlight’s look so much already that I’m eager to see more of her:

5 Likes

I have a favorite new villain

Nice :+1:

6 Likes

I second bringing Whistle back! Her OGN was a lot of fun.

2 Likes

As a fan of many niche comic characters, there’s nothing more comforting than knowing that other people also want one-issue wonders to come back.

3 Likes