Favorite New Heroes

Depends on the definition of new, but from the past few years, probably Whistle.

4 Likes

This is quickly turning into a Whistle appreciation thread, and I’m down for it!

4 Likes

A few of my new (and new-ish) favorite heroes:

• Primer
  • Yara Flor
  • Mia “Maps” Mizoguchi
  • Jessica Cruz
  • Marilyn Moonlight (assuming she’s a hero; jury’s out ATM)
  • Otho and Osul-Ra
7 Likes

So disappointing DC are just casually abandoning Titans academy as a concept. Yes the Red X stuff was getting annoying but think what more new characters you could have introducing them through Titans academy.

I like Stitch too. Very relatable character with a fun personality.

I also like what I seen of Bolt; the new hybrid speedster in that series. She seems like somebody who might be great to see again in a flash book.

5 Likes

I believe in Yara Flor supremecy and I will protect Jessica Cruz to the death!

6 Likes

As someone who’s been a fan of each since they first appeared, I heartily agree. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

I agree with your take on Yara’s series, yet still I do agree with you and @EDT that she’s one of the better and really intriguing new characters. I’m also a Cruz fan and I’m glad they’ve started using her in adaptions, even if it’s mostly animated so far.

@CaptainYesterday I do like Jonathan Samuel but I’m also not sure he’s new, but I suppose in the same way @SteveTrevor2.0 is talking about Nubia, he can qualify here, but my top pick would be Kong Kenan - although to be fair, he got an excellently written series and it got sufficient issues that he got some great character development.

I admit a lot of it has to do with Morrison and Rocafort’s art, but Derek James would be another new favorite.

So, but not really in any particular order:

1. Kong Kenan
  2. Yara Flor
  3. Sideways
3 Likes

I went back to the start of the New52. For someone who is closing in on fifty years of DC fandom, that qualifies as “new.”

3 Likes

We have made it the point where New 52 is an old era.

2 Likes
4 Likes

If we’re doing a list solely based on “new” characters from less than 5 years in things like future state to Dawn of DC than it definitely would be a shorter list and a lot less fun.

But apparently new Whistle fans would disagree. :smile:

I’m more of a Primer fan myself

4 Likes

Bolt is such a cool character. I hope Alinta doesn’t get tossed into limbo forever, because the concept of a speedster with specialized prosthetics that can withstand the Speed Force (at least for short times) is really cool. I’m kind of surprised we didn’t see an idea similar to it sooner.

1 Like

Yes! :raised_hands:t2:

Primer is one of the best titles DC has published in recent memory. I can’t wait for its sequel.

4 Likes

Still bummed that my gal Silencer doesn’t get more love.

I wish we’d had the chance to meet the new Hawkboy from the Round Robin pitch…

5 Likes

The Boom is the one that captured my interest in the latest batch along with The Vigil and well not super new Kendra Sanders/Hawkgirl feels like we are getting a new Charector since she is separated from the Reincarnation cycle.

5 Likes

New Fav characters

SuperTwins Osul-Ra&Otho Ra

Salvaxe

White Adam

Trilogy

Jai West
&
Irey West

Ash

Elizabeth Prince

Psylosimon

Naomi

5 Likes

200w (10)

4 Likes

lol Batwing had to go unfortunately :sob::man_facepalming:t5:

SuperTwins Osul-Ra&Otho Ra
Liam/Trilogy
White Adam
Salvaxe
Psylosimon
Ash
Jai West
Irey West
Lizzie/Trinity
Naomi Mcduffie

3 Likes

I like Bao Pham, the Clownhunter.

3 Likes

Welcome back to the community @INSUFFERABLEDAMIAN! :partying_face: Clownhunter is great choice.

Please don’t hesitate to let the moderator team know if you need anything!

1 Like