Favorite Geoff Johns Run/Book?

My favorite Johns’ run is Aquaman, he created a super hero that would be taken seriously instead of being treated like a joke. He really redefined the character in a great way.

1 Like

Adventure Comics 2009 series!

Superman: Secret Origin

He works very well with Gary Frank

That’s tough because I’m big fan of most of his work. For me it would go:
Green Lantern
JSA
Aquaman
Teen Titans
The Flash

Not sure which run I’d chose, but as far as a single book, that’s easily DC Universe: Rebirth #1. Not only was it a phenomenally written issue overall, but I jumped out of my chair when Batman discovered the Comedian’s button. Johns is easily my favorite writer in comics, and the issue just further cemented that for me

1 Like

Batman: Earth One hands down.

His opening on the back cover told me that he was doing something special:

Batman is not a hero.
He is just a man.

I was so baffled by this that I looked up the definition of hero:

a mythological or legendary figure often of divine descent endowed with great strength

An illustrious warrior

c a person admired for achievements or qualities

d one who shows great courage

And he is the only writer in superhero comics to never have human beings meet these characteristics.

Stunning and brave.

Between Throne of Atlantis, Forever Evil, and Darkseid War, I’d say Justice League!

Flash
JSA
Teen Titans

1 Like

Hawkman
Justice Society
Teen Titans
Aquaman

3 Likes

Flash
Green Lantern
JSA
Hawkman
Aquaman
Teen Titans
Superman (Action Comics, Superman: Secret Origin)
Geoff Johns, needs to do a run on Wonder Woman. Her current book is unreadable.

Green Lantern and Aquaman, although Aquaman loses points for leaving me hanging… :stuck_out_tongue:

Green Lantern. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m in the process of reading his stuff. I just read the first issue of three jokers. Amazing stuff! I’ve read all but the last arc of his Aquaman. I’ve read some of his Justice League and the first bit of his Green Lantern. Not sure what I should read. Maybe his Justice Society because I really like Kingdom Come. If I read it, do I need to read Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E.S? (I think that’s the title) Do I need to read his work on the previous JSA title? I read all of his Teen Titans and loved it but Infinite Crisis really interrupted the flow of things. Still cool afterwards though.

1 Like

You should definitely read JSA first. It’s not necessary to understand Justice Society of America, but it’s a fantastic book. I read The ‘07 one first, and it was also really good, but it’s even better with the context of the earlier series. Stars and Stripes is a fun short book. It’s not essential reading, but it’s still good.

Three Joker’s so far.

JSA: my favorite ongoing series

1 Like

I prefer superman and the legion of superheros but last son was also good, I prefer both of them over brainiac.

1 Like

Green lantern without of doubt. I didnt even have to think, I love his green lantern run that much.

Shazam

Pretty much everything before Flash Rebirth and Flashpoint. I could go on a huge rant on this subject (I have many times before!). But really the conceit that underlies those two miniseries (and everything that has come across since, has really diminished my appreciation for Johns writing! (He’s a nice guy in Person, But I just can’t agree with his Tragedy makes better super-heroes philosophy)

1 Like