Favorite Geoff Johns Run/Book?

I’d be curious to see what the community’s favorite runs by the prolific Geoff Johns are.

He’s my personal favorite author, as his run on Green Lantern is what introduced me properly to comics beyond the animated series of Justice League, Static Shock, Teen Titans, etc., and made me appreciate the artistry that goes along with them.

Naturally, his Green Lantern run is my favorite of his, but he’s done so much. What’s your favorite?

11 Likes

There was a time when Geoff Johns was writing The Flash, JSA, and Hawkman simultaneously and they were all fantastic. Of the three, I think Flash represents his best work (I like it more than his Green Lantern, but I’m not high on Hal Jordan).

6 Likes

His Green Lantern run is legendary for a reason, but I always have a soft spot for his runs on Teen Titans and JSA.

Though if we’re talking best Geoff Johns single arc? Superman: Last Son.

7 Likes

I find Geoff Johns to be largely overrated, but the stuff of his I’ve enjoyed the most are Stars and STRIPE, Action Comics, and (parts of) his run on Flash.

2 Likes

JSA (hands down for me)
Hawkman
Green Lantern
Aquaman

4 Likes

New Krypton (in collaboration with Sterling Gates and James Robinson)

1 Like

I love his Flash. I love his JSA. I love his Green Lantern. I love his Superman. I love his Teen Titans. Basically, I just love everything Mr. Johns does. While it’s not my favorite, Batman Earth One does need a shout out here somewhere. I guess it’s not really a “run” though.

3 Likes

Aquaman
Teen Titans
Hawkman
Shazam

3 Likes

Action Comics, easily.

4 Likes

JSA hands down. One of the best team books ever.

4 Likes

Justice League

Teen Titans

Pretty much everything I have read of his has been top notch.

Definitely one of my favorite writers.

1 Like

My current Geoff Johns Top 5:

1. Green Lantern
  2. Justice League
  3. JSA
  4. Superman. His small run on the second volume, which began around #190 or thereabouts, along with his New 52 run with JRJR.
  5. Aquaman

Honorable Mentions: Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E. and Day of Judgment.

3 Likes

Teen Titans, Aquaman, Shazam (New 52).

3 Likes

Green lantern because it’s so epic and I love cosmic stuff

4 Likes

Pre new 52 superman, jsa and justice league also green lantern

1 Like

Also pre new 52 flash and teen titans

1 Like

Even aquaman and doomday clock

3 Likes

Also shazem

2 Likes

Most definitely shazam. Though I have a soft spot for his green lantern run.

1 Like

My favorite is probably his Justice Society of America run, mainly “Thy Kingdom Come”! With VERY honorable mentions to his Action Comics, Green Lantern, and Flash runs! Geoff’s an absolute LEGEND!!

3 Likes