Favorite DC Soundtracks, Themes and Music

6 Likes

My favorites:

6 Likes

Stop posting great stuff like that!

3 Likes

Off the top of my head:
Well, first, I gotta mention Danny Elfman’s “The Batman Theme”. It doesn’t get more iconic than that.
Also, Blake Neely’s “Setting Up the Lair” and “The Fastest Man Alive (Always Late)”, the respective theme songs of the first two Arrowverse shows.
And, of course, Hans Zimmer’s “Is She With You?”, the only thing about Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice that I don’t desparately wish had never happened. I remember sitting through two painful hours of the big three harmful atheist stereotypes measuring d*cks, and then seeing this one splash of color appear on the screen, and to quote the prophet, “it sounded some’n like this”:
Duh-duh-duh DUH nuh-dun-duh-nuh duh-dun-nuh-duh-nuh-nuh dun-dun dun duh-dun!
Also, Michael McCuistion’s Justice League Unlimited Theme.

4 Likes

Right... - Dr. Evil, Austin Powers 2 on Make a GIF

2 Likes
5 Likes

The North by Northwest homage intertwined with the Superman theme in the second track is glorious!

6 Likes
6 Likes

Having not actually seen whichever film this clip is from, I can’t tell if you’re actually agreeing with me or not.

2 Likes

When James Gunn said that the 1989 Batman soundtrack is “the worst work of everyone involved,” I’m curious if he was referring to Prince’s Batman album (which is awesome) or Danny Elfman’s score (some of his finest work ever (which is really saying something) in addition to being one of the most iconic Batman themes of all time). Either way, it’s a bizarre complaint considering that pretty much all of his works rely so heavily on needle drops.

6 Likes

Anyway, here’s some of that Batman soundtrack he hates so much.

5 Likes

He just is an awful critic.

4 Likes

The Flash has many themes throughout his film and TV adaptations and I love most of them. This, however, is the one true The Flash theme in my opinion. :00_flash: :0_flash:

7 Likes

Keep in mind this is the man who wrote stuff like…

If this whole beach was completely covered in dicks, and somebody said I had to eat every dick until the beach was clean for liberty, I would say “no problemo!”

and

I love the rain, it’s like angels are splooging all over us!

Nice to have an 11 year old on-board but I cannot deny the Danny Elfman Batman score is well…over-played. Grant you, I am not saying the score is bad, nonono. Any Batman events and cons are quick to play it. The first Lego Batman game has no soundtrack, it just borrows the Batman '89 score. For. The. Entire. Game! Ugh, sorry but it got old fast. And then Elfman used it in the JL theatrical cut. Grant you, he was give only the storyboards and little time. But when he said Batman only has one theme!!! I’m sorry sir, the late great Neal Hefti would like a word with you.

5 Likes

Yeah, I’ve made my disdain for James Gunn and his idiosyncrasies (and my lack of confidence in Superman: Legacy) well-known on other threads. You excited for 4 or 5 instances of “guys, we need to focus” jokes? Peak comedy. I just assume that Superman: Legacy’s score won’t be too memorable. After all, we can’t have it competing with Gunn’s current Spotify playlist, aka the real soundtrack.

Anyway, I adore Elfman’s Batman and Batman Returns scores, though I also agree that there are other equally-amazing Batman soundtracks. Is Elfman’s score overused? Eh, depends on who you ask. I don’t mind hearing it in non-Burton properties most of the time but it obviously does not fit with Affleck’s Batman the way that Zimmer’s 2016 leitmotif does.

3 Likes

It never got old in Lego me. The whole game is amazing.

2 Likes

I honestly feel they’ll be lazy and just use the old John Williams’ score because…nostalgia and tradition.

4 Likes

It’ll either be little bits an pieces of it popping up in between gratuitous needle-drops that Gunn insists are meaningful or a new score that largely takes a back seat to said needle drops. Oh, and guys, we need to focus!

3 Likes
4 Likes

What can I save. I have little faith in him and people can’t seem to move past John Williams’ Superman theme. No doubt it is a classic yes but why? No one was clamoring for Elfman’s score in The Dark Knight Trilogy. I know many who did like the movies admit they do prefer Elfman’s score BUT understand that that score would not fit Nolan’s, Snyder’s, Reeves’ whoever. Same time, I don’t recall people demanding the old Wonder Woman tv theme for her movies.
Imagine a Injustice movie. Can you really play that original theme with Regime Superman???

But sure, let’s focus I agree. Sorry, I wanted to get that off first. Aside from Descent into Mystery which you already put up, love Childhood Remembered

2 Likes