Favorite DC Soundtracks, Themes and Music

Interesting to see the inclusion of WW84. For I feel that movie gets nothing but hate about well…everything. But the music was great. Which again, I feel its most vocal haters would equate even the music to cancer. I especially love this rendition.

11 Likes

Loved the end credits score for The Dark Knight and Why Do We Fall? from The Dark Knight Rises! Hans Zimmer is absolutely a genius! Even At the Speed of Force from Junkie XL from Zack Snyder’s Justice League is just jaw-dropping! For me, it’s the most authentic theme for the DC Universe as a whole. For some reason, I also really loved the music of the ending of Justice League Dark: Apokolips War!

6 Likes

I like just about every Hans Zimmer piece I’ve heard, and he has so many very good DC pieces. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I totally agree. I personally believe he is the king of DC soundtracks.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Thank you for speaking up for WW84’s soundtrack! From beginning to end it is supremely uplifting. And I still think it was a great movie.

I also love the scores for Superman '78, Batman '89 and Zack Snyder’s MoS, BvS and Justice League. While Danny Elfman’s work on the 2017 JL fit that movie, Tom Holkenborg blows it out of the park in ZSJL. Every second is perfection all the way through Allison Crowe’s “Hallelujah”.

Surprised no one mentioned Blake Neely’s great scores for the Arrowverse, particularly for the early seasons of Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow. His work for the Arrowverse crossovers, especially Crisis on Infinite Earths also stands out.

Also another honorable mention for Smallville - not “Save Me”

7 Likes

Heathens by Twenty One Pilots from Suicide Squad and Woman by Kesha from Birds of Prey are also fire!! They’re soo good. Heathens represents Task Force X perfectly and Woman is just the best feminist anthem for female comic book characters, specifically Harley Quinn, ofc.

8 Likes

the gay theater nerd in me feels compelled to bring up this:

8 Likes

Yes! Neal Patrick Harris was the first and best Music Meister. He needs to come back in a live action portrayal - preferably in Titans or Doom Patrol. But it would be hard to top the songs in the original!

3 Likes

i agree!

3 Likes

(I know- it’s not DC content music, but it outta’ be! :smiley:)

Forever my ode to BG:

:notes:Ain’t nothing, ain’t nothing, ain’t nothing
Put your heart and your soul in it
Ain’t nothing, ain’t nothing, ain’t nothing
Now put your heart and your soul in it :notes:

BG BG BG! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :purple_heart: :yellow_heart: :purple_heart: :00_batgirl1: :0_batgirl: :birds_of_prey_club_oracle: :00_birds_of_prey:

10 Likes

Digging up this old thread to ask a question:

You know the jazzy piano music at the end of each episode of Lois & Clark? It would play for a few seconds before cutting to credits, and was usually kind of playful & calming at the same time. If you watched the show, you probably know what I’m talking about. Where, or from which artists, can I find more music like that? Obviously finding extended cuts of those little snippets would be great, but I had no luck there… and the world of jazz (if that’s even the right genre) is just too vast for me to easily find that exact tone.

Any helps is much appreciated!

4 Likes

Favorite DC soundtrack? Jeeze, where do I even start? So many of my favorites have been mentioned already so here’s a track from Superman TAS that is absolutely amazing!

8 Likes

I know for me I listen to the Birds of Prey soundtrack all the time and have been since it came out.

Galxara also has a solo version of the song which is also good, but I chose this one because it’s from the official soundtrack :dancer::fire:

4 Likes

Also: Grandson- Oh No and K.Flay- Can’t Sleep from the Suicide Squad.

8 Likes

“What Are You Going To Do When You’re Not Saving The World” will never not make me smile! Hans Zimmer is a genius!
https://youtu.be/YrGNQpllhzI

10 Likes
8 Likes

Yessssss!!!

5 Likes

perfect music when you’re making some type of Batman fan story taking place in Arkham Asylum

9 Likes

The soundtrack to Green Lantern TAS is so epic! :00_lc_green_lantern: :0_lc_green_lantern_hal_jordan:

8 Likes