Favorite DC Soundtracks, Themes and Music

There are lots of great soundtracks, scores, themes and more. What are some of your favorites? I love Hans Zimmer’s Beautiful Lie from Batman v. Superman! I loved it when they played it in Wonder Woman 1984!

16 Likes

Loved the score for The Batman! Especially the end credits song Sonata in Darkness.

11 Likes

Hell yeah! I still need to give the whole score a listen through. I LOVE the Catwoman theme!
It’s sexy, romantic, mysterious, tragic, so many things all at once. It completely encompasses Catwoman in this film and in general.

8 Likes

To me nothing surpasses Krypton From Superman (1978)

4 Likes

Anything John Williams

6 Likes
5 Likes

Joker, Joker, Joker

And Hildur Guðnadóttir to be more exact…

I like the whole soundtrack.

I’m a Deutsche Grammophon fanboy, so I discovered who Hildur Guðnadóttir was from there… and I like the cello.

I remember it was Gran Truismo 2 that was the only video game that I played.

And I’d do hot laps on the Nürburgring and I would play Miles Davis in the background, because Columbia Records was owned by Sony Music – and Sony makes the PlayStation, of course, so I was keeping it in the company; and I love Miles Davis. :smiling_face:

(And “Miles Davis – That’s What Happened 1982-1985: The Bootleg Series Vol. 7” is coming out next month… Yay.)

And I would play things from the Sony Classical label too, and “Yo-Yo Ma – Inspired By Bach: The Cello Suites” was a favorite because I loved the music…

Anyway, yeah, the Joker soundtrack is a favorite because I loved the movie, and I like the cello.

7 Likes

Amazing soundtrack that is. That particular one is great but, damn I dunno. It is good but I think my go-tos are still

UGH! Just gets me so pumped!!!

And it’s just so haunting, a truly forgotten Joker theme if ya ask me

4 Likes

My favorite Batman movie also has my favorite score! I really love the themes developed in this film, and they’re wonderfully highlighted in the End Credits suite. Even if parts of it remind me of how Hans Zimmer used to score every film like Pirates of the Caribbean. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

It is very soothing.

4 Likes

First time I read the first year of Batman from the Golden Age, I had this on. It was awesome!

5 Likes

The entire soundtrack of Superman: The Movie!

7 Likes

Williams is the man.

5 Likes

No argument here. Its the best score to the best live-action comic book-based movie (DC or otherwise), and by the best name in movie scores.

4 Likes

I technically prefer Superman II (Theatrical cut is worse, but Donner Cut is better).

Obviously my actual favorite two live action DC movies are Myself and Myself Returns (The Burton/Keaton films).

3 Likes
10 Likes

This classic.

11 Likes

Prince’s B-Man 89 soundtrack for me is a masterwork in his musical prowess and also how a pop music/R&B based catalog can enhance the anticipation for a movie going experience. My most fave track from the album here:

Danny Elfman’s soundtrack for B-Man 89 is another masterpiece that was not only amazing but also served to shape the ideology of how to score a B’Man film for decades to come. The rooftop sequence music from the film’s opening is my most fave:

The bold and unrelenting energy that Hans Zimmer was able to capture and place into his work for the Baleverse Batfilms is so compelling- I absolutely love it:

And Siouxie and the Banshees’ unforgettable single ‘Face To Face’ for B-Man Returns continues to be a playlist fave of mine:

10 Likes

I love movie (and video game) scores. And DC has some of the best themes and motifs.
Anyways, I’d have to go through everything to make a playlist, but you can look at everything from my vinyl record collection that I have (that’s DC related)!

From John Williams’ Superman: The Movie to Tom Holkenborg’s Zack Snyder’s Justice League. And there is still a lot that I don’t own…

16 Likes

Damn! Nice pull man. I felt the music in Suicide Squad was…well, nothing bad. I honestly have nothing negative to say about it BUT after coming off of Hans Zimmer’s work, it just couldn’t hold a candle to it at all, lol.

6 Likes