Favorite Comic Artist of All Time

Jim Lee

3 Likes

Wonderful choices so far! I’m certainly going to make a note of these artists so I can take an even closer look in the future.

Personally, though, one of my favorite comic artists of all time is Stjepan Šejić. I have a bit of a soft spot for hyper-realism in general, but sometimes that can make scenes feel just a little flat. That never feels like an issue with Stjepan’s art, though. He manages to make characters that feel photorealistic, while also being extremely expressive. It’s a stunning balance.

2 Likes

@Zatanna
I loved Sejic on Aquaman. He’s so good. Not 100% sure about Harleen, but that’s more due to the plot than the art.

1 Like

Jack Kirby
Geoff Johns
Grant Morrison
George Perez
Darwyn Cooke

3 Likes

JLWWSM I was so close to adding Jim Lee I’ll say honorable mention there’s a few more too but I was trying to keep list at 5 tops.

1 Like

Hi Zatanna. I haven’t chatted with u yet. I used to be on here everyday but when comics got added I disappeared. I love that your tag is Zatanna. She’s in my top 5 might be in the all time number 1 spot for me.

2 Likes

@superby1, Thanks for mentioning Jose Garcia-Lopez. I forgot to name him on my list. He is definitely one of the all-time greats.

2 Likes

Oh, I gotta add Jim Woodring, Charles Burns, and Daniel Clowes to my list. Especially Woodring. F-ing love Frank books haha

1 Like

I don’t know if he’s my favorite but I really like Stjepan Sejic. I like Adam Hughes too.

2 Likes

I’m gonna be typical here and say Watchmen. That book opened up my eyes at how amazing it was.

My fav artist for dc is Jim lee
My fav artist for marvel is alex Ross

Gotta shout out Mike Grell!

Unsung heroes:

P. Craig Russel
M. W. Kaluta
Rich Buckler
Bob Layton

How did you miss them:

Jim Steranko
Gene Colan
Steve Ditko
Gil Kane

Probably Greg Capullo and Humberto Ramos. Capullo for his gritty yet stylistic art, and Ramos for his sheer exuberance and style.