Favorite Batman: the Animated Series Episode?

lol! it really is an interesting episode. and with bruce timm on your side, what more validation do you need?

@JeepersItsTheJamags have you seen the Almost Got 'Im card game?

4 Likes

Great question, @Gegenator! So tough to choose just one!

The Last Laugh is a fun episode and has a unique start, as it’s April Fool’s Day. Everyone in the city is slowly being affected by laughing gas - a new scheme that The Joker has cooked up. Alfred even gets in on the antics by “drawing” Master Bruce a bath, which is unlike the typically serious Pennyworth.

With the colorful and playful setting, it’s a stark contrast to the normally drab Gotham. I love nearly any storyline featuring The Joker, as it promises to amp up the energy and creativity with every appearance, forcing Batman to pull out all the stops in order to triumph. Mark Hamill is also a genius with his voicework and I love what he’s done here.

4 Likes

This is a hard one. Will have to look them over and get back. Off the top of my head maybe not my favorite but the one with his old master and that other student with the dragon tattoo on his back and the one where everyone is getting replaced by robots. Also really liked the one where Cat Woman is turned into an actual cat.

2 Likes

No, but I’m intrigued.

1 Like

It’s based on that “who’s the werewolf*” system of party game. I’ve never played one, but they’re super popular! Batman: The Animated Series Almost Got ’Im Card Game | Cryptozoic Entertainment

*my sister is

1 Like

Showdown - Where we get to see Ra’s al Ghul’s past and meet Jonah Hex. We also meet his son Arkady Duvall and see a softer side of Ra’s.

4 Likes

That sounds awesome. I’ll have to try that

1 Like

I always liked that moment! Alfred was written excellently on BTAS

3 Likes

Over the edge

I liked many of the episodes. Choosing just one’s kind of hard. Restricting myself to episodes that haven’t been mentioned yet:
-P.O.V.'s focus on the GCPD officers and the Rashomon-inspired flashbacks were good.
-Mad as a Hatter. I felt that some of the show’s best episodes were the one’s where the story was told more from the villain’s point of view than from Batman’s.
-The Man Who Killed Batman’s one of my personal favorites.
-Zatanna.
-Catwalk. I enjoyed the episode’s take on Catwoman’s inevitable return to crime.

3 Likes

Yes.

Heart Of Steel and His Silicon Soul

2 Likes

Zatanna was my favorite episode. Helping out an old friend that was framed out of an robbery. And the flashbacks of potential romance. And that battle on the airstrip was pretty unique too. And the ending of the episode was one of the most iconic ones for me.

Other notable mentions are P.O.V., It’s Never Too Late, The Cat and The Claw Parts 1 and 2, Pretty Poison, Eternal Youth, Harley And Ivy, Harley’s Holiday, Harlequinade, Terrible Trio, Read My Lips, The Last Laugh, Heart Of Ice, Trial, Fire From Olympus, The Demon’s Quest, Catwalk, Showdown, If Your So Smart, Why Aren’t You Rich, Riddler’s Reform, The Clock King, Time Out Of Joint, Sub-Zero, Batgirl Returns and A Bullet For Bullock
No particular order

3 Likes

My top 10 favorite episodes are:

1. Nothing To Fear
  2. Two Face Part 1 and Part 2
  3. I Am The Night
  4. Beware The Gray Ghost
  5. It’s Never Too Late
  6. Almost Got Im
  7. The Man Who Killed Batman
  8. The Last Laugh
  9. Heart Of Ice
    1B. Perchance To Dream
    1A. Mask Of The Phantasm
2 Likes

I like the first two face episode. So well voiced and portrayed

7 Likes

The are all good but a few of my favorites are Baby-Doll, the Laughing Fish, Legends of the Dark Knight, and Mad Love to name a few.

2 Likes

My all time favorite BTAS moment is in Joker’s Favor, when everyman Charlie Collins finally snaps and scares the hell out of The Joker.

“This is how it ends, Joker. No big schemes. No grand fight to the finish with the Dark Knight. Tomorrow, all the papers will say is that the great Joker was found blown to bits in an alley alongside a miserable little nobody. Kind of funny. Ironic, really. See, I can destroy a man’s dreams too! And that’s really the only dream you’ve got, isn’t it?”

4 Likes

Technically this is the New Batman adventures but I have to give a shout out to The Dark Knight Returns segment of “Legends of the Dark Knight”. This may be blasphemy to some but Michael Ironside (who voiced Batman in that segment) is also probably my favorite Batman voice. He’s who I hear in my head when I read comics.

4 Likes

Michael Ironside’s “Rubber bullets. Honest.” line was performed better than Peter Weller’s in my opinion. It was certainly better than his “Tonight, I AM THE LAW!” interpretation.

Two of my favorite moments came from The New Batman Adventures as well. I liked it when Dick Grayson quit being Robin and where Batman and Gordon have their coffee on New Years Eve. Of course, the episode where Batgirl dies was a doozy.

4 Likes

Michael Ironside’s everything is better than everybody’s anything!

A big standout moment for me is in Appointment in Crime Alley when Batman uses the Batmobile to stop the runaway streetcar. That thrilled me as a kid. And as a Batmobile nut I love The Mechanic!

3 Likes