Favorite Batman: the Animated Series Episode?

Man I’m all alone on tyger tyger , mee oww!,spaced me haha. There’s so many good ones especially remastered in had. Every episode I watch in hd I catch something I couldn’t read or see before. I’ve seen every episode probably 10xs, I love how they did it noir and it remained that way even after remastering it. But ok, I blame Catwoman for making me pick tyger tyger, I feel like I made a bigger mistake then they did in the jokers favor. They made 2 google it sometime… Charles Collins 12 Marigold Lane Springdale Ohio.

1 Like

Almost Got Him - is a classic.

“Killer Croc” says “it was a big rock?”

The Laughing Fish -

https://youtu.be/ickFVmtWoco

Mad Love - Gave Harley Quinn a back story.

1 Like

BTAS: that’s tough. So many great ones. Maybe Almost Got 'Im? “I hit him…with a rock!”

TNBA: a tie between Over The Edge and Legends of the Dark Knight. I saw both episodes when they first aired and my mind was blown during and after each one. For OTE, I just kept thinking "How do they get past this? Batgirl is dead, Gordon knows Bruce is Batman, Nightwing got arrested and his identity is publicly revealed? How does this end?

LOTDK was incredible because it was the first time Dick Sprang character designs and aesthetics were seen in animation. The same for The Dark Knight Returns segment. The immature riff on Schumacher wasn’t needed though.

2 Likes

s1 ep2

1 Like

Beware the Gray Ghost with Adam West! By far, my all time favorite! (and i can’t believe I’m the first one to mention that!)
After that, Heart of Ice, Night of the Ninja, Harlequinade,

2 Likes

Only about 14 episodes into season 1 but so far " It’s Never Too Late " and “Heart of Ice” stand out for me.

2 Likes

1: Heart of Ice -
It instantly made Mr. Freeze my favorite Batman Villain. The heartbreak, Freeze’s unstoppable focus, and the overall polished animation were all top notch. There was a lot of heart in this episode and it was neat that Batman sort of became an after thought as the story progressed. All I really cared about was Mr. Freeze, his relationship with Nora, and whether or not he was going to accomplish what he set out to do. Lay off Batman, the man just wants to save his wife!

8 Likes

Loved the episode too

4 Likes

There were so many good ones. Such an amazing show

3 Likes

Christmas with the Joker (BTAS) I so enjoy the holidays. Nothing beats a Super Seasonal themed episode in my book. :batman_hv_1:

5 Likes

Almost Got Im

6 Likes

Yes one of my favs and since then I also grown to love It’s a Wonderful Life. This year I wanted to start a tradition of watching this then IaWL. Cuz you have to wait till Batman’s done fighting crime to enjoy the movie, but this year I didn’t get around to it.

3 Likes

My favs for some reason were always the weird ones like with the robots, I forget what they’re called, those and the Scarecrow and Mad Hatter episodes always stuck out to me in between the series ending and them coming out on dvd and even still. But my fav is the one where Mad Hatter put Batman in a dream where he isn’t Batman. Alsways thought it was a scarecrow episode till I bought the DVD about 10 years ago.

6 Likes

S1E29 (Eternal Youth). This comes from pure nostalgia to be honest. I watched this episode on repeat in car rides when I was like 5 years old and it remains one of my favorites. It’s honestly a really well crafted episode with great tension and can be even a bit scary at times haha.

5 Likes

Joker’s Favor. An effectively terrifying look at what happens when you earn The Joker’s attention, and don’t happen to be Batman. If Charlie had gone through with it, this would have been the perfect final Joker story.

8 Likes

Almost Got 'Im has to get my vote. The framing story and each of the individual vignettes are all wonderfully simple and clever. It’s also a cool way of recreating the fun of the death traps from the Adam West Batman using BTAS’s tone and style. Probably my favorite DC story in general. It rocks.

6 Likes

I have a lot of favorite episodes. Heat of Ice is one, Joker’s Favor, House & Garden, You Scratch My Back, and Old Wounds. Love Heart of Ice since it was the best portrayal of Freeze. Love Joker’s Favor for creating Harley Quinn (though I dislike her now as a antihero and find her way more entertaining as Joker’s girlfriend/sidekick). Love House & Garden because it made me fear Poison Ivy and her powers. Love You Scratch My Back and Old Wounds for Nightwing. He’s my favorite and they’re his best episodes.

7 Likes

I did one of these b4 & I said Tyger, Tyger. I was only person who got 0 likes but I’m going down with the ship. I think Freeze is the right choice, but I love the island of Dr. Moreau feel in that one. I even said c’mon everyone is gonna leave me hanging. The answer was yes, lol. I felt vindication when I opened my iPad around 2 months ago & Bruce Timm picked it as his number one on this site. It still gets voted in the 10 worst tho.

5 Likes

What I like to do is watch Mr. Freeze’s story arc. Beginning with Heart of Ice, Deep Freeze, then you got to watch Batman and Mr. Freeze Subzero, then Cold Comfort from the New Adventure series. Finally ends with Meltdown in Batman Beyond.

4 Likes

@biff_pow. Thank u for the mercy vote, lol. I was ridin or dyin with Tyger

2 Likes