Favorite artists and/or writers?

I love his art. It’s so unique. I think the two just get each other

As for artists, my favorites include Greg Capullo, Humberto Ramos, and Jorge Jimenez.

1 Like

Humberto Ramos is fantastic. I don’t know if he doesn’t want more work or if publishers don’t give him enough, but either way, I want to see him on more stuff!

2 Likes

I really like Janin’s art in Batman: Rebirth some of the best art I have ever seen, also J.H. Williams is up there with Sandman: Overture and Batwoman

1 Like

Sorry to hear that Snyder is your favorite writer. I don’t get the love for him. He does nothing except ruin character’s history. He’s written one good story (Black Mirror) and that’s it.

Geoff Johns - Green Lantern
Alan Moore - Watchmen, Swamp Thing
Neil Gaiman - Sandman

1 Like

Liam Sharp and Jim Lee

1 Like

Also, David Finch

2 Likes

David is a really good artist

2 Likes

I LOVE Ramos’ work!

2 Likes

Not going to be original here…

Neal Adams and George Perez are my favorite artists.
Ivan Reis for more modern work comes to mind.

I’ve always been partial to Peter David as a writer.

2 Likes

@Kon-El It doesn’t have to be original when you pick greats like that!

3 Likes

Sharp has really been growing on me. What a great run, right?

1 Like

@Kon-El, He’s everywhere right now! And his artwork is amazing! Brave and the Bold, and now GL, became instant favorites as soon as I saw them!

1 Like

My favorite artist and the one that got me back into comics in the early 00s was Michael Turner.

2 Likes

Grant Morrison is easily my favorite writer.

I definitely love a ton of others, but I doubt there has been a year of my comic reading life since I first read his comics that his comics weren’t some of the biggest highlights for me

2 Likes

A lot of people have already listed a lot of writers and artists that I totally agree with. I’m just throwing in my two cents because there are a few that I would like to see get more love.

I’m a huge Jeff Lemire fan, and sadly my local comic shop knows this. And he’s prolific, so that makes life expensive.

I have liked what Sean Murphy has done both as a writer and an artist.

And Joelle Jones does great work. I know it’s not DC, but I loved Lady Killer.

2 Likes

I have heard good things about Joelle Jones. I plan to ead her run on Catwoman.

1 Like