Fans talking Film Directors: What DC Film/Property can you see Quentin Tarantino directing?

I love film, especially comic book films. I decided to start a new fun topic for discussion. I plan to post once a week on a specific Director & what DC property we would like to see them Direct…annnnnnnnnnnd action!

3 Likes

I think he’d only fit an Ennis or Morrison story. Preacher’s the obvious one, but I think he could manage Animal Man or Swamp Thing. His penchant for pastiche might fit Watchmen.

1 Like

I really enjoy Django, so I can see him doing a Jonah Hex movie.

2 Likes

None.

1 Like

I mentioned this in another thread, but I think he’d do a good job doing up Richard Dragon, Kung-Fu Fighter as a 70s style martial arts flick.

But at this stage of his career we might be better off if he stays away from DC altogether.

2 Likes

My favorite film of his is Inglorious Basterds, so I also think he could do a Sgt. Rock film as well. Just his style of directing plus his dialogue, he could make a solo quality DC film. Somewhat like the new Joker movie. A standalone feature.

1 Like

I think a Tarantino Slam Bradley movie could be cool

4 Likes

I’d say John Constantine.

3 Likes

It would have to be a character that gets by on dialogue alone, since that’s Tarantino’s strong suit. Kill Bill and Django proved he can do action set pieces, but where he shines is when the characters are just talking with one another. Unfortunately, that’s not why many people go to see comicbook movies, and if your a casual viewer, it might not appeal to you in general.

Considering where he seems to be going with his career, Tarantino directing a superhero film might not be a good thing. If this were 90s or early 2000s Tarantino, that maybe, but after watching H8teful Eight, and the trailer for Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, I honestly can’t think of a comic book that jives with his current style.

3 Likes

Maybe Tarantino can pull off a Batman film. I didn’t stop to consider Batman.

1 Like

It looks like Quentin likes to reuse some of the actors in his films, which actors from his films do you think he’d cast & what character would they play in his DC film?

1 Like

I’d love to see Kurt Russell in a DC flick, but not with QT as a director.

3 Likes

I love Kurt Russell, I think he almost played Batman had John Carpenter agreed to direct a Batman film.

2 Likes

The first character that popped into my head was the Question. This may be a great choice or the worst choice, I really don’t know much about him outside of what you see in Justice League Unlimited it’s just who popped into my head.

2 Likes

I’d want to see his Suicide Squad.

4 Likes

Dude, when’s Quentin Tarantino going to direct Hitman?

2 Likes

I think he works well with an Ensemble cast, so I can totally see a Suicide Squad film from him, maybe even an Outsiders film.

1 Like

I’d trade Gunn for Tarantino to direct Suicide Squad 2

2 Likes

Me too!

1 Like

Id honestly want to see a red lantern movie where its just them fucking around