End of a Decade

In honor of this amazing decade coming to a close, let’s celebrate by talking about our favorite comics, movies, games, books etc. of the decade! I would love to hear your all’s opinions so we can all try new things! I hope that you all have a merry Christmas and a Happy New year!!! :innocent::innocent::innocent:

8 Likes

Over 600 Stereoscopic 3D movies in 1 decade. But I think the next decade can go greater.

As for TV shows:
Enjoyed A Series of Unfortunate Events

Any of the DC live-action shows excluding Constantine & Supergirl. Love Batwoman & Flash & Legends & Doom Patrol. Looking for to Titanverse (earth 9) Star Girl.

New Invader Zim

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

Umbrella Academy

Rick & Morty

Venture Brothers

Off the top of my head right now.

3 Likes

Nice!

Dang. I have an Xbox. I really wanted it. Game of the decade for me was either battlefront 2, assassins creed odyssey, or Star Wars the Old Republic. I am a big Star Wars nerd. Breath of the wild was really fun too

1 Like

They are my favorite game series. You need to buy the exit collection. I just got it recently and he is just such a fleshed our character.

1 Like

Favorite comic related item: DCU bring back a Aquaman 67.

Favorite TV Show: BBC’s Sherlock

Favorite Film: Slueth (1972 Laurence Oliver/Michael Caine version) finally being released on DVD.

2 Likes

ohmigosh an entire decade already, okay … same here for Spider-Man PS4, tied with Horizon Zero Dawn and maybe Death Stranding but also a PC game called Pillars of Eternity II, Deadfire

comics, Ms. Marvel 2014, instant all-time preferred; also enjoyed Gotham City Garage

unfortunately Lost in Translation and The Fifth Element were not in the last ten years, so I’ll go with Patty Jenkins and Gal Gadot’s effort, followed by a tie between Terminator, Dark Fate, and Captain America, The First Avenger

an impossible choice for television, but there’s an episode in season two of the amazing Westworld series that rises above; then a ten-way tie between Game of Thrones, the CW, and every DC Universe original

haven’t read a good novel in at least that long, hopefully this topic will spring some ideas

3 Likes

I liked hearing your favorite things. Do you know what kind of books you like? I like to read anything so maybe I can give you some ideas

2 Likes

“Valarian and the city of a thousand planets” is the movie; the Fifth Element was beta for.

For Terminator i personally loved Terminator Genesys.

1 Like

Game of the Decade for me was probably: Kid Icarus Uprising.

Even games like Amazing Spider-Man were insanely enjoyable on my Nintendo 3DS because of glasses-free 3D plus my surround sound headphones and motion controls and streetpass and so fort.

1 Like

Favorite Miniseries: House of X/ Powers of X
Favorite Ongoing: Super Sons
Favorite One-Shot: Marvel Legacy #1

Favorite Movie: Avengers Endgame
Favorite Book: Born a Crime
Favorite TV Show (still going): Doom Patrol
Favorite TV Show (Not still going): Krypton
Favorite Album: 21 (Adele)
Favorite Musical: Hamilton
Favorite Song: Water under a Bridge (Adele)
Favorite Concert: Divide (Ed Sheeran)
Favorite Daily Show: The View
Favorite Podcast: Fans of DC Universe (Not biased or anything)
Second Favorite Podcast: Game Scoop

2 Likes

Comic: Saga
TV Show: Modern Family
Movie: The Grand Budapest Hotel
Book: Moonglow by Michael Chabon
Album: The King is Dead by The Decemberists

1 Like

I had a really fun game on my ds called Spider-Man: Edge of Time. Man, I loved that game! It drove me to read comics and explore

Modern Family is so funny! I’m sad that it’s coming to an end. My personal favorite tv show ever is Reba, though I haven’t listened to much of her music, but now that I think about it, that is from the last decade. My favorite show from this decade was either the Goldbergs or Lost. I had a really fun time watching Titans. Also now that I think about it, Lost was from 2004. It just ended at the start of this decade. I really, really, REALLY loved the Big Bang Theory and was sad to see it go

1 Like

I’ve played Spider-Man Edge of Time on my 3DS too.

If you love modern family & Gokdbergs, you should definitely watch:

Married With Children

The Drew Carey Show

Unhappily Ever After

Malcolm in the Middle

Bob’s Burgers

The Cleveland Show

The PJs

Dilbert

The Real O’Neals

Fresh off the Boat

1 Like

I have been watching fresh off the boat too. I am sad that this is the last season but it is going downhill a bit

Comics: I would have to say Mister Miracle.
Then, Saga, Ms. Marvel, Superman Year One, in that order. Honorable mention to Umbrella Academy, Generation X, and Mockingbird. Also shout out to my boy Grayson and his lady, Starfire, for getting cool solo titles, although severely disappointing.

Favorite Movie: Parasite? JoJo Rabbit? Eighth Grade? Booksmart? Briggsby Bear? Actually I’d probably go with Before I Disappear.

Favorite Marvel Movie: Ant-Man

Favorite DC Movie: Man of Steel

Favorite Animated Movie: Despicable Me, but Klaus, Spider-Verse, Zootopia, Coco, Ernest and Celeste, Teen Titans Go to the Movies, Invader Zim Enter the Florpus, and A Cat in Paris all get solid nods all for different reasons.

Favorite Book: Children of Blood and Bone, and Harley Quinn Mad Love. I don’t really read new stuff.

Favorite TV Show: Breaking Bad, followed by The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Watchmen 2, Undone, Bloodline, and His Dark Materials. But The Boys, Bosch, Castle Rock, Goliath and Shameless get honorable mentions.

Favorite Cartoon: Gravity Falls. Then, Steven Universe, Star vs The Forces of Evil, My Little Pony Season 1, and Teen Titans Go.

Favorite Kids Show: Spooksville. The cast have all moved on to do great things like Battle Angel Alita, Sadie’s Last Day, and iZombie. But big mention to Gortimmer Gibbons on Amazon.

Favorite Public TV Show: iZombie

Favorite Album: Red followed by Vessel, Our Own House, The Bones of What You Believe

Favorite Musical: Anna and the Apocalypse

Favorite Song: Sunflower by Post Malone and Swae. 2nd and 3rd go to Chlorine and Ride by Twenty One Pilots.
4th goes to State of Grace, followed closely by The Archer, Dress, Out of the Woods, Cruel Summer, Delicate and Mean, all by Taylor.

Best New Artist: Camilla Cabello
Best New Band: Misterwives
Artist of my Decade: Taylor Swift
Favorite Concert: Reputation Tour
Favorite Daily Show: DC Daily
Favorite Videogame: Batman: Arkham City. Shout out to Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War, Sekiro, Nioh, Nier 2, PERSONA 5, Fire Emblem 3 Houses, and Final Fantasy Lightning Returns.

Favorite Versus Multiplayer: Rainbow Six: Siege. Shout out to Apex Legends.

Favorite Couch Multiplayer: Nintendo Land. Shout out to Jackbox Party Packs 1-6

I absolutely stuck to the rule “within the decade”.

Looking forward to 1917 and Crystal Chronicles Remastered.

Also to the guy who just discovered Assassin’s Creed, my favorites are Assassin’s Creed 2 and 2.5 Brotherhood.

1 Like

Nice wide variety!!! I like Twenty-one Pilots too. I went to one of their Trench concerts for my birthday a while ago. Of the Assassins Creed games, I have 2, Brotherhood, Revelations, 3, Black Flag, Syndicate, and Odyssey. My favorites are either Black Flag, 2, or Revelations.

Is no one else going to point out that the decade doesn’t technically end until 2021? Nobody? Okay, maybe I’m just being a killjoy. :blush: Here are my “best ofs” for 2010 to 2019:

Best comic of the decade: Tom King’s Mister Miracle

Best movie of the decade: Get Out

Best video game of the decade: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Best TV show of the decade: Breaking Bad

Best superhero movie of the decade: Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

Best superhero video game of the decade: Spider-Man (2018)

Best superhero TV show of the decade: Watchmen

1 Like

Looking back through the ups and downs from 2010 to 2019 (and keeping it strictly in the realm of DC Comics for the sake of convenience), I think I would rank the following as being among the best of the decade:

Best video game: Batman Arkham City
Best show: Arrow
Best movie: Shazam
Best animated movie: Batman The Dark Knight Returns Part 1
Best graphic novel/comic series: Batman Earth One Vol. 2

And, just because this trip down memory lane is so much fun, the worst this decade had to offer:

Worst video game: Batman Arkham Origins
Worst show: Tie b/w Supergirl and Titans
Worst movie: Justice League
Worst animated movie: Batman The Killing Joke
Worst graphic novel/comic series: Heroes in Crisis