End of a Decade

Have you’ve played the Definitive version of Batman Arkham City on the Wii U?

Also, have you played Batman Arkham Origins 2 (Exclusive on Nintendo 3DS)?
Its actually good (Blackgate or whatever its called on the 3DS).

1 Like

Unfortunately, I’ve only ever had the pleasure of playing Arkham City and Arkham Origins on my crappy PC :frowning:

I should also add.
Best Book: (it’s a tie)
“Zero. The autobiography of a dangerous idea.” It was published just before the decade started, but I didn’t hear about till this decade. The implications of the mathematical concept of zero. How it impacted mathematics and how that mathematical construct impacted society.

Best book published this decade:
“The F word”
A history of the “f” word. A great read dealing with the etymology of the word and how it has moved through and had different levels of sociolinguistic history through out the centuries. A fascinating look into one of the most iconic and infamous words in the English language.

2 Likes

I just read the final issue of East of West, and its definitely one of the best comics of the decade.

2 Likes

Fantastic covers for those issues. Would make a visually captivating series.

The F word.

I find it ironic because profanity doesn’t exist and never has existed, as every Professor in Linguistics will tell you; from America to Germany to Japan.

1 Like

In Sociolinguistics the word, any word, is not profane in and of itself. However, there are words (or phrases) which some social groups will consider profane. If that social group can exert enough influence it can take its sociolinguistic perspective beyond its group to a broader circle of society.

1 Like