Doom Patrol's S1E4 Discussion

SPOILERS

1. I am finally getting Gay for Rita. After this latest Episode…that unexpected scene of talking Elliot out of killing himself…she was just so adorable. I like how she broke the Rosery and when they where picking them up like I am being nice for once so shut up.
  2. Love the Crowley/Constantine Vibe…can we keep him DC? Please? I want this in my life some more.
6 Likes

I swear I felt the same thing. I really thought that was Constantine and they went ahead and gave him some other name -_-. Should have just named him Constantine and that would have been a good segway into Swamp Thing.

2 Likes

That singing blue horse!

I like science just as much as Cyborg.

4 Likes

Singing blue horses? Dudes bursting into paper when they die? Bizarre giant clowns on thrones? Alternate dimensions in snow globes? Weird pseudoscience supernatural stuff combined with a psychological element? Now this is Doom Patrol!

I’m also glad to see Rita doing her stretchy limb thing. Anyone else hoping she’ll get big by the end of the season?

5 Likes

Oh my God I was gay for that as well. Like not today.

1 Like

When she went stretchy to fight the Constantine wanna be. (No offense to Mark Shepherd loved his hybrid Character.)

1 Like

I wonder how long they can keep it going with every episode being just a little weirder than the last. Also, That guy is costantine. I don’t care what he says his name is, that’s constantine.
Also, if this is supposed to be the scissormen arc, which I feel it is, I really love what they did with it. The set design on nurnhiem is some next level shit.

2 Likes

I don’t know to me Matt Ryan was and presently still is Constantine. This one leaned more Crowley to me.

4 Likes

Oh and Larry being covered in the unsent Letters when the Negative Spirit came out was kinda deep as people have seen him become an embodiment of him still being in the closet. That he puts that blame on it more than anything.

2 Likes

Speaking of Larry… I trust the Singing Horse :upside_down_face::joy::grin: Lol.

3 Likes

On Kipling Willoughby - grant Morrison wanted to put Constantine in the comics. But there were some rights issues with him not being allowed to be in the super hero comics for quite some time, so the editorial wouldn’t let him. Kipling is the character he wanted to be Constsntine, hence he is so similar.

3 Likes

Nice

I feel special my unofficial Thread is up there with DC Universe Official Threads in the trending…

1 Like

I loved the episode, it slowly gets weirder and weirder but the characters are so well done, well acted and compelling it keeps the weirdness grounded and makes it all work.

Also, they can do a whole episode of Robotman and Crazy Jane talking to each other and nothing else, I would watch it.

5 Likes

Loved it! But I did have a major problem…
Overall great episode but I can’t help but feel someone slighted…this could have been amazing if it were actually Constantine here…not this poor man’s hellblazer… literally everything done here is what Constantine has…Smokes, check…trench coat, check…they could and should have just gone the extra mile and put him in. Now if they do introduce him later down the road his ‘thunder’ will have been sort of stolen. But that aside, this one was a really fun watch

1 Like

@Dan
…yes. Just yes. And true is Matt Ryan came in his thunder would have been stolen by the poor man’s knockoff…a dang good one but yes. I get why they did it and why they did it in the show because they have him on Legends and all…but still…even though I could not get him The Crowley Hybrid is cool too…

1 Like

The comics as well as the other person shared previously…I forgot to add that. :sweat_smile::grin:

Oh and it was the guys name is Mr. Nobody jajaja oh my God there he goes trying to break the 4th Wall again…this is not even your episode jajaja go home bro…JK.
Te amo fam. :joy::kissing_heart::heart::black_heart::heart::black_heart:

They need to keep Mark Sheppard .

He could easily roll into the group and brings a lot to it.

His character may be a bit derivative but to be honest most characters are. Wait until you guys and gals hit sixty , you will be surprised how bored you get with entertainment.

Sheppard makes up for everything weak by just being a great actor. That is the difference that makes a derivative character (all characters —- get it).

But then this is a great cast that brings the doom patrol to life.

I bought the first doom patrol with money I got from stripping condemned building in St. Louis …

Agree DC needs to keep Mark Shepherd.