Doom Patrol

The comic book Doom Patrol was always an exercise in weirdness, alienation and the truly unknown. It worked in a way no other comic has. If the series brings a fraction of that (as hinted at in the related Titans material), we’re in for an exciting ride.

6 Likes

This is great! Between Titans, this, the upcoming shows and the increase of available comics to read, I’m really happy with DC Universe!

11 Likes

@PaulTodoroff
Awesome! Glad to hear it. :smiley:

3 Likes

I’m excited to see the premiere this Saturday! Keep up the great shows and I’ll keep throwing my money👍

6 Likes

@KittyKrawler Same here.

Just one little suggestion. I don’t know if you have any control over this, but please, PLEASE let somebody know to find a better way to organize these comments before it gets out of hand like the Titans comment section. I’d recommend separating them by episode. And maybe still keeping the general show comments for relevance sake.

12 Likes

I agree with the person below me, it needs to be better organized

3 Likes

@TheUltimate6thTitan
That’s a great suggestion! I’ll be sure to forward it to the team. :blush:

5 Likes

I’m cautiously optimistic about the show. The Doom Patrol show is why I subscribed to this network. Titans was better than I expected it to be. Hopefully, the same will be the case for Doom Patrol.

4 Likes

Titans was awesome, I never watched young Justice before I this streaming service. But young Justice was amazing. I know doom patrol and swamp thing are gonna be good.

10 Likes

@KittyKrawler Thanks a lot! :grin:

I also thought it would be nice to make it easier to make clear what you’re replying to. Like maybe a reply system similar to YouTube or if you want to go the forum route, maybe quotes/reply buttons? That would be nice too.:ok_hand:

8 Likes

I’m looking forward to this one. Looks promising.

10 Likes

It’s awesome we’re getting 15 episodes of this show! So excited!!!

13 Likes

15 Episodes. Nice!

11 Likes

Alright, so I went to the premiere of the show last night, and Doom Patrol is FANTASTIC. As much as I enjoyed Titans, it was a slow burn for me, but Doom Patrol had me engaged immediately. It has a completely different feel from Titans, and does a great job at balancing humor and heavier, more serious moments. This feels less like a superhero show (in a good way!) and more like an exploration of human characters. The acting is great, the writing is fun yet grounded, and everything else is just so polished. Maybe it was just because I watched it on the big screen in a theatre, but I completely forgot it was a television show so many times. I’ve only seen the first two episodes, but my mind is already racing as it tries to process and dissect what it’s seen so far. I’m so invested in these characters and I’m REALLY excited for the rest of the season!

29 Likes

I never thought I’d live to see a Doom Patrol TV show! Let alone one with Brendan Fraser!

12 Likes

dc is better than marvel

23 Likes

Which comic series is the best to read before this you think? I’m in the middle of Gerard’s now

1 Like

Is that Danny I see?

2 Likes

All the hard work we all put into Doom Patrol and i cant wait

5 Likes

I would like to be able to comment on people message

2 Likes