Doom Patrol S2, E9 Reaction Thread - 🚨 WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD 🚨

I really wish it hadn’t ended on a cliffhanger, but then I know there was supposed to be a tenth episode that was cut short by the ongoing pandemic. I enjoyed seeing The Doom Patrol’s imaginary friends, although I was a bit surprised by Cliff’s! I am glad to see that Jane may be making her way back, but then it looks like she will have to have the fight on her life. Of course, I also have to question why the other personalities ever thought Miranda was so great. It seems to me that she messed up worse than Jane has! Anyway, looking forward to the next season.

This season has actually made me tear up more than movies do… why does DC try to touch the feels like this? :sob:

I don’t know… I thought the sex ghosts were pretty funny.

4 Likes

Takeaways for this episode is that for me, it was my second least favorite DP episode because it did feel rushed toward the end, while the rest of the season was so languid.

I’m super glad they didn’t try and resolve it ALA Titans TRIGON style, so for that, I’m happy to wait for the (hopefully) Inevitable 3rd season, but even this episode felt half shot. Poor Larry got the short shrift and they probably didn’t finish his imaginary fight.

I have to echo my only real disappointment was the JANE showdown at the swinger party. I wish she would have focussed on Miranda’s BF and not shame everyone. But I get that this was an incredibly triggering event for the whole underground so I forgive. (especially considering how welcoming and possitive the whole show is)

If HBO doesn’t at least pay for a finale after covid, I’ll cancel both subscriptions but otherwise a solid season (not quite as good as season one, but had some real highs) leaving me very excited for S3 and maybe then LARRY can finally have some FUN FOR ONCE!!! Or turn REBIS if not

2 Likes

This episode has me worried for Doom Patrol. Definitely 1 short of a final episode. The rumors about DC universe ending and getting absorbed into HBO Max have me concerned that I won’t get the whole story on Jane or Dorothy or Cliff. Some things seemed to be left short of a climax. I hope with whatever happens, Doom Patrol, Titans, Harley Quinn and all the DC universe original shows have somewhere to play.

1 Like

An awesome™️ Finale to an awesome™️ Season. Enjoyed every weird and crazy moment.

Rita. Still trying to be a hero. Her and imaginary friend make sense for her. Got through some trauma and that’s that’s. She’s waxed.

Cyborg feeling sad for Roni. What will he do? His imaginary friend of doc cowboy was great especially being played by his dead. It was great. And the shoot off was fun. “I only got beakers”.

Larry didn’t one but got waxed. Him standing up to do the hero thing was great. Nice job Larry. And letting Cliff know what he had to do. Awesome™️

Great value Constantine fun with a fun imaginary brawl.

Cliff. I knew he would end up missing the wedding. And his phone wasn’t good. He tried but it came out the Cliff way. Hope he gets that chance to reconnect with his daughter. He fight with imaginary Jesus was hilarious. He was actually bonding with him too. Now blown up will he get a new body.

Jane. Miranda look back started off sweet but took a left turn fast. The whole scene was something. Now we know her downfall and Janes rise with a great speech. Jane origin. And the other personalities standing up to Miranda great. But it not Miranda but the Pops. A twist I didn’t see coming. Poor Kay.

Niles. He tries at the end in his dying breath to save her but he has to let her grow up.

Dorothy fighting her hardest couldn’t do it. Harry was great always enjoy seeing him. Now she must take her people path and fight the Candlemaker who was awesome™️. Enjoy a great villain.

The finale overall was fun but definitely penultimate vibes (since it was supposed to be). Still a blast.

The season overall great. The weird fun. A lot of new with some of the good ol stuff.

In short can’t wait for season 3.
At least this cliff hanger didn’t end with cliff hanging​:joy:.

What will happen to the team? Can Dorothy beat the Candlemaker? Will Niles live? Find out all this and more next time same Doom time same Doom channel, (maybe, not sure, the time and day may be different but will be the same channel.) either way see you there.

I agree. I don’t have Netflix, Hulu, or anything like that because I simply don’t want to spend money on a bunch of streaming services just to watch movies and shows that I probably already own or have access to on TV (cause I still use that lol). To me, DC universe is different. This is a place where I can watch original shows like Doom Patrol, as well as movies and shows that were on TV before I became a DC fan, or I simply can’t find them at the store anymore. Aside from that, I get to read comics that are not normally at my local comic shop or bookstore because they are underrated, like Red Robin 2009 for example, or I don’t have to spend money on comics before I buy them and decide I might not like it. But most importantly, DC universe is a community of DC fans, who love this fandom just as much as I do. I’ve only recently decided to join in and comment on community threads after having DC universe for about a year or so now, because I’ve been too shy and the Internet can be really scary at times and negative people exsit. Needless to say, DC is my home fandom as I like to call it. I get a bit sad anytime someone talks about DC universe ending, because I was really excited about it when it was first launched. It’s like the Watchtower to the Justice League, at least for me. I hope nothing bad happens to DCU, because this has really been starting to become like a literal home for my main fandom. I hope I’m not the only one who feels this way.

4 Likes

I love this show so dam much, it can’t end like that. We NEED at least one final episode!!! And after that we need at least one more season!!! If DC doesnt green light another season, I will cancel my subscription and rail against them the rest of my days!, Call me a toxic fan, IDC! I love this show to death and it needs to be seen to it’s logical conclusion!!! You can’t just leave Cliff hanging like that! Hehe see what I did there… Cliffe…Hanging… Cliff hanger :expressionless:

2 Likes

I have to respectfully disagree, I’m sorry the episode didn’t fly for you. Yes The Miranda stuff took a little too long And they probably could have done more to make the imaginary friend stuff more like an epic battle. But I don’t think the orgy scene and the sex was a reliance from bad writing. Think about the opening of the first episode they had cliff pounding the nanny in the first 15 seconds or so, sex and gratuitous nudity are kind of part of the fabric of the show, I was actually surprised they didn’t show more throughout the beginning of this season. I felt it was perfectly in line with the shows creative direction. But to say that Cliff didn’t get any kind of meaningful scene after blowing off his daughter, it’s like you weren’t paying attention to the scenes with him and Jesus lol him having to call his daughter and making the same kind of mistake that we countlessly see throughout stories of a father getting a second chance and then having to break his promise only to come to terms with the realization that he still being a bad father while simultaneously trying to be selfless and save the world so that he can have another chance to be a father! This is about as complex and deep the character has ever been. And Janes hates speech against the swingers is also pretty in line with her specific character, she’s a feminist if you hadn’t noticed. So of course during the peak of the sexual revolution she’s going to come out and rail against men. Honestly I really hope that they finish and release a true season finale because that episode was way too much of a cliffhanger You’re right it didn’t feel like a season finale but it’s crazy to think that it doesn’t make you want more It makes me want resolution more than anything. It can’t end like that!

3 Likes

That ■■■■ was so crazy!!! We have to get a tenth episode!!! DC Universe, make it happen!!! We also need a third season! It can’t end like that!!! #justicefordoompatrol ! #dcuniverse #doom-patrol #dc

But Jane didn’t just go after the men though. She pretty much declared every woman in the room legally incompetent. Her attack against the women were arguably worse than her attack against the men. Between being called an opportunistic asshole and someone acting as I don’t have enough intelligence and integrity to make my own decisions the former is the much lesser of insults.

1 Like

I NEED MORE DOOM PATROL! i told my roomate im hoping they announce season 3 at fandome but you never kn ow. i really wish they would bring it back along with swampthing!

1 Like

Oh I agree, she did skewer them both, even saying she didn’t know which was worse. Even tho she leans feminist, I think at her core she hates everyone, except the doom patrol, I would say she relates to young girls because of her protectiveness of Kay, but she was pretty cold to Dorothy the whole season so maybe she’s just the most guarded of the prime personalities, everything she does is to protect most of them.

1 Like

I understand that covid shut down production so they literally could not finish, and I appreciate that they gave us something to watch in quarantine, but man that is WAAAAY too big off a cliffhanger to officially call your season finale, at least for me

WWCD…insert profanity that rhymes with buck about 20 times.

Did they really just end the season on nothing but cliff hangers? There were zero resolutions for any of the conflicts and plot points that took place this season. Season 2 gave us just barely over half the total episodes season 1 did and most of them were filler episodes. Nothing was resolved. There was zero character development except for maybe one or two characters, but none of what little character development there was meant nothing in the final conflict which was there was no final conflict to speak of. This was bad, DC. Whoever made this call needs to be let go. They don’t have any idea how to do their job and no idea what the audience wants because they were clearly only focused on securing a third season as quickly and as cheaply as possible without earning it. Cliff hangers are for shows with no real substance that don’t leave the audience hungry for more. They’re used to bring the audience back by preying on curiosity. If the audience has fallen in love with the world and the characters you’ve created, they’ll keep coming back to spend that time in your world with your characters. Next season,viewers went be returning because they missed spending time with your creation. They’ll be back just to see what happens next and probably will need a refresher course to remeber what it was they wanted to see the outcome of. You’ve just cheapened your own product, and for what?

They should just get Alan Tudik to remake the missing scenes with action figures as mr nobody

3 Likes

Guess I have to up the $%#@& profanity level in real life now. I’ve been so used !%?#& Cliffs colorful speech as a weekly $!#?& routine that it became my outlet. %@$?ING #%$@&!!!

2 Likes

We don’t yet know how many of the cliffhangers were resolved in Episode 10. It wasn’t a creative decision to end the season here; they weren’t able to complete the shooting before shutdown.

4 Likes

Agh :angry:I hate cliff hangers!!!

2 Likes