Doom Patrol S2, E9 Reaction Thread - šŸšØ WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD šŸšØ

Iā€™m assuming/hoping weā€™ll be hearing a 3rd Season announcement, otherwise Iā€™m gonna go crazy if Doom Patrol ends on a cliff hanger!?!?

4 Likes

Dear Novel Coronavirus:

Go away! I hate you.

I hate you for what you have done to the world. I hate you for what you have done to my nation.
I hate you for what you have done to my friends and family. And selfishly, but perhaps most of all, I hate you for what you have done to Doom Patrol.

Sincerely,

Prof. Mustache

Dear Doom Patrol:

Stay safe. Stay well. Come back to us!

Youā€™ve given us a great ride so far. Iā€™ve already got my ticket for Season 3.

Affectionately,

Professor M.

16 Likes

She has been amazing!

2 Likes

I donā€™t know. I thought it was in keeping with Janeā€™s personality, her origin, and the fact of Kayā€™s experience with her manipulative, abusive daddy.

Miranda was manipulated into an orgy she didnā€™t want to take part in. Whether or not Jane was right, the speech was right for Jane.

10 Likes

Itā€™s still a good show! I hope we get a third season. I especially liked what we thought was Jesus beating the heck out of Cliff. The Crazy Jane orgy scene was wild. Damn you Coronavirus! Wouldā€™ve loved to have seen the resolution with Vic and Ronnie and of course Dorothy and the Candlemaker.

8 Likes

I completely and totally agree, the range she has at playing so many different aspects and personalities of one little girl, just mind blowing.

9 Likes

When she spoke those wordsā€¦it was just so well delivered. I thought she was gonna go nuclear. It just hurt to see all those personalities come out when she was in bed with that guy. I completely agree with what she said.

6 Likes

I am so bummed that this was the finale! It I wonder if the next season will pick up where this leaves offā€¦or maybe theyā€™ll be able to edit what they did get to film and release that episode. So well written, such good actors! Diane Guerrero and Abigail Shapiro are phenomenal! Crazy Jane is by far my favorite out of all of them.

4 Likes

The overt sex could be attributed to HBOā€™s influence on the show, but in general I think they insert unnecessary sex in all their shows when they donā€™t think the writing is good enough to hold the audience. Generally thatā€™s true, not so with Doom Patrol. But thatā€™s because HBO isnā€™t writing it. Iā€™m annoyed there are only 9 episodes. Does that mean episode 10 will be the start of season 3?

Okay, quite the season finale! I have to admit, but I got so upset when my crush, Rita, not only got turned into a wax statue, but remained that way at the end! Is it silly to say I was nearly crying? I was certain Dorothy was going to destroy the Candlemaker, then he SNATCHED her into the fire! The Chief is alive still, so that gives me hope, as does the fact that it looks like Jane may come back as the primary, but my poor Rita looked like she was melting! :sob: :sob: :sob: Please somebody do something! Niles! Jane! Heck, Iā€™ll take help from Hammerhead! The Candlemaker has to die for what he did to Rita (and the others too)!

(sigh!) I need a virtual group hug.

4 Likes

Okay this episode was okay say a little good but not complete though considering how things are right now in the world canā€™t say itā€™s surprising. This episode pretty much was part 1 of a 2 part season finale (Funny how it ends at Carnival like Titans did) One the complains had was how they inserted that sex scene just felt completely out of place.

My Review of the episode:

So when is season 3 dropping? I pray we get another season starting next month.

1 Like

Iā€™m stunned! I should have seen most of this coming but turned a blind eye to certain things,but we still donā€™t know whatā€™s going to happen to the team,Dorothy,or to Kipling, The Chief. Everything is up in the air as far as who is going to save them or melt the wax off of them and save Cloverton,OH.Slava surprised me the most by actually talking to her daughter and telling her to sacrifice herself to the Candlemaker,but thatā€™s not the end,Iā€™m sureā€¦

DC Fandome is this month. Iā€™ll be suprised if this doesnā€™t get more seasons.

I do agree this is one of the weaker episode. Sucks that pandemic happened.

Didā€¦did they win?

3 Likes

I wasnā€™t aware that they were an episode short until the end of this episode. I liked this season, but with missing an episode it is hard to judge it as a whole because it isnā€™t whole.

I will say between this and episode 8 they were probably my least favorite episodes. I really enjoy the Jane plot this season. But Dorthyā€™s plot went off a bit for me these last two episodes. Amazing acting all around through!

I did like the imaginary friends part. I liked how Vicā€™s friend was played by the same actor as his father. Jesus and Cliff was great too.

I donā€™t want to be pessimistic about this but I just wish we got that last episode. Iā€™m sure that would have helped my thoughts right now. Obviously, there was nothing that could be done about it though. I want to know about Miranda, and if Jane will be okay.

I look forward to the last episode and hopefully season 3, whenever that might happen. As a side note: I think the theme music for Doom Patrol is my favorite out of the DCU Originals.

1 Like

LOLā€¦thatā€™s exactly what I didā€¦I screamed!

1 Like

I thought the episode was good but, arrgh, cliffhanger ending! And uncertain future due to COVID.

The Doom Patrol confronting their issues through their imaginary friends was just the sort of wackiness I expect from this show. Loved it. Interesting that most of them were surrogates for the charactersā€™ parents.

Janeā€™s origin as primary was interesting too. That didnā€™t go how I expected. I knew someone would push her too far but I was afraid sheā€™d switch to Flaming Katy and incinerate the swingers. Telling them off was a preferable alternative. Very curious who current-day Miranda really is.

Aside from the unresolved ending, my other disappointment was - two seasons and still no giant Elasti-Girl! I really hope Rita masters her powers at some point. Sheā€™s been practicing so much! Maybe a 50-foot woman is too difficult to pull off on a TV budget but even just one scene would be cool.

4 Likes

This episode had me screaming! Cliff and Jesus was my favorite interaction.

3 Likes

As much as I love the show, it would be nice if the writers would remember that this is a show about SUPERHEROES! Letā€™s have more extensive superhero-supervillain battles instead of getting deeply into the psyches of the characters, which is good in such a show if you donā€™t overdo it. Itā€™s like if you tune in to a Superman series and all he does is talk about his powers instead of using them.

Your point about Rita is good, though I have to admit to having a preference for the stretchy powers as opposed to size changing (though that would be great too if only because I want to see her shrink again since she looks adorable that small :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:). But even with the stretchy powers, I want to see her do more stuff like, say, Plastic Man. Making herself flat, forming herself into other shapes, that sort of thing.

2 Likes