Doom Patrol S2, E3 Reaction Thread - šŸšØ WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD šŸšØ

Yeah, for me it probably sits at my favorite comic book show, period. I canā€™t wait to see where it goes.

1 Like

Seriously, she was pretty front and center in all the episodes so far.

1 Like

I think Stargirl is faultless. But theyā€™re very different things. Doom Patrol Season 1 just blew me away so Iā€™d never argue it wasnā€™t their best. Only that theyā€™re all really impressive. Swamp Thing was great. DC are really knocking it out of the park with these shows.

2 Likes

So what is it you think the ā€œkidā€ (who has previous records for breaking and entering and who knows how many crimes where Cyborg didnā€™t happen to be walking by to stop him) is going through that merits letting him go around attacking women?

If you want to argue that the criminal justice system could be improved, Iā€™m all alongside that - especially when it comes to the prison industry. But with known previous offenses for breaking and entering, with the high probability that not all of the crimes he committed was he successfully caught and charged for, Cyborg is right - letting him go means heā€™ll likely attack other women. The mugger picked on her because he mistakenly thought she was weak.

I agree the mugger might have troubles of his own. I agree that maybe sheā€™s right and he wont do it again. But when she asked Cyborg to let him go she wasnā€™t the one risking the consequences of that; sheā€™s risking it on behalf of every other woman out there. And that was Cyborgā€™s point when he said the next victim wont be someone who can shrug off an attack as a bit of fun. Batman might let him go, but only after putting the fear of God into the guy that heā€™d never do it again.

1 Like

So nice to have expectations met and exceeded. These episodes pick right up from last season and constantly deliver. Which is what makes it a fantastic show, not just a fantastic superhero show. SO glad this is back. And all horrible nightmare creatures aside Dorothy is the cutest, sweetest little girl of any show. Hereā€™s to weird being the new normal!

1 Like

Season 2 E1 and E2 were fine, but I wasnā€™t really feeling them for some reason. But I really warmed to E3 and felt that S1 vibe again. There were important and moving storylines for every character, so I was equally interested in each thread. Characters who were stuck finally moved forward. Probably my favorite episode of the series so far.

1 Like

For a moment I thought Cliff was imagining what an interaction with his daughter would be like if he knocked on the door; but then I understood it was real and was shocked. :confounded:

2 Likes

Iā€™m only 15 minutes into this but seeing the Candlemaker on screen was terrifyingly beautiful. I love the exchange between Dorothy and Jane about Chief with Rita asking what is happening. So far Janeā€™s "What in the Doris Day IKEA @$#! was that? "

Same here. Maybe it was a good idea to release three at once.

Not a good move on Cliffs part. He needs to think of his daughter instead of himself. Why does Larry have to keep connecting with his old life just to lose again? At least with his former lover he got to get some closure. Hopefully he can develop a relstionship with his surviving son. I did love how Rita is gaining control of her abilities. I want to know who took Janes place as the dominant personality. Looking forward to the next episode.

Donā€™t remember whether it was this episode or last, but it idk how hard it was for that girl playing young Jane in the bathtub scene, where sheā€™s submerged then acts one part as soon as she surfaces, and does another personality and another. It turned out preety good.

Cliff needs to tone down the swearing, its turning people off, mostly his daughter.

I am loving this season so far, glad to have Doom Patrol back.

Yes, I agree ā€œmaybe it was a good idea to release three at onceā€!! But itā€™s going to be over quick with only 9 episodesā€¦

1 Like

4 Likes

The mugger was a literal kid. Maybe checking up on his family situation and which mouths he has to feed would be a good move. Getting him a real job for example would be helpful. Asking what help he needs. The system is not kind to poor people and some are forced to do bad things. A real hero listens to the problem and doesnā€™t just go about punishing them for petty crimes. Batman would actually research the kid and help him if he could. Superman or Flash would actually listen to his stories. You send him to prison and he moves from petty crimes to big serious crimes. Thatā€™s just how broken the US system is where you canā€™t trust the prison system to reform and remake peopleā€™s lives. If it was a country that prioritises rehabilitation, that would be a different story

1 Like

Cliff (talking about how he missed out on being a father): Itā€™s not my fault!
Jane (talking about Cliffā€™s ignorant display): I know. But this is.
OMG the feels!! :sob: :sob:

1 Like

But why would he settle for a crappy minimum wage job when he can make much more by just robbing people?

Iā€™m looking forward to seeing the results of the mutiny in Janeā€™s head. I love this series; and Iā€™m also glad that itā€™s close to the source material.

Because not everyone is a poopy person just because they can. Some would rather not do poopy things but feel like they are forced to do it. Thatā€™s what happens when you tear down safety nets.

P.S: Itā€™s so weird that a synonym of poop is considered offensive by people in the US. You can say poop, garbage, filth and any other synonym but the one that you all know Iā€™m talking about was flagged for this. Itā€™s not really a slur or even a bad word.

1 Like