Doom Patrol Ep. #3 Discussion Thread: Spoiler Zone! šŸšØ

DADDY FRASER!!!

1 Like

When they was whooping the Nazi assā€™s, I love that part the music was on
Point, Robotman & Crazy Jane kick ass, I give this episode a 10 out of 10 ready for episode 4 baby, ehyeeeeeaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Superman approves!!!

3 Likes

Its perfection the music is perfectly timed and goes with every scene. Animal mineral Vegetable man is the example of comic book dreams coming true in live action. It blows my mind I love it .

5 Likes

Love how perfect all of Janes personas work together to protect Katy (and the others)ā€¦ and seriously, if Robot man donā€™t say, ā€œThe Fuckā€¦ā€ at least once in every episode, Imma loose it :joy::heart:

7 Likes

Best episode yet, really like how sensically and organically they worked in Cyborg. This is my favorite superhero property in a while, and I think the best of all the Live action shows iā€™ve seen (at least so far) DC or Marvel or Indieā€¦even you Walking Dead! I didnā€™t realize how badly i wanted to see my super heroes hang out, and watch a movie, and take a road trip. I especially love how influenced by the Morrison run it is, without being an issue by issue remake! Canā€™t wait for fridays

5 Likes

Honestly every episode feels like a full fledged movie at this point. Honestly seeing the heroes actually doing legitimate combat was fucking awesome. And the way they translate the relationship Jane and robot man have in the morrison run is truly awe inspiring. I think I may literally die from a joy overdose when Danny shows up.

5 Likes

Letā€™s try not to put ALL of the profanity loopholes into play. Love the excitement! ā€¦not crazy about the profanity.
Though I gotta say, @Girl.Wonder, I agree with your last statement. :joy:

I will be honest, I didnā€™t think this one was as good as the first 2 episodes, but it was still a fun and solid episode. The beginning with Crazy Jane putting the flyers out was great (and loved when they teleported she started posting them again). And the character interactions were great especially the one between Cyborg and Rita. This show is at itā€™s best during quiet character moments like that.

I didnā€™t get the point of Cyborgā€™s dad denying them the planeā€¦ then randomly giving them the plane. That didnā€™t make much sense. And I donā€™t know, again this was not a bafd episode at all, just didnā€™t quite live up to the first 2. But if this is the ā€œworstā€ it gets we are still in for a great ride.

Also was sorry Mr. Noboyā€™s narations and re-caps didnā€™t continue, but maybe that will be limited to episodes he is in. Stillā€¦ the recap last episode was amazing, I so wanted that to be a thing every episodem

3 Likes

I loved that part when theyā€™re all waiting for the bus and robot man just goes ā€œoh thank fuckā€ :robot:

4 Likes

Why did they get lost when cyborg has access to any map?

3 Likes

@ the question above: they all took turns driving. Furthermore, why did they all take turns driving when Robotman literally doesnā€™t get tired? He could have driven the whole way. Maybe he didnā€™t want to though.

1 Like

That wasnā€™t in the Brochure.

3 Likes

Do Brains need rest though as well? Could turn off the mechanics and rest the brain. I am sure Robotmans brain like any brain needs rest.

2 Likes

@DanTheManOne1 ā€œI didnā€™t get the point of Cyborgā€™s dad denying them the planeā€¦ then randomly giving them the plane.ā€

I think it was another cruel sort of power move to further dominate Vic; Silas watched him fail on his own, then humiliated him by swooping in and easily saving the day.

6 Likes

Basicallyā€¦ Cyborgs dad seems like a jerk. I have never met him. It seems he sees his son as his own personal toyā€¦his own image. Like oh look you suck without me come back.

2 Likes

There should be a blue beetle show live action

2 Likes

lov the series awsome graphics and story but plase make cyborg cg he looks like shit man and the actor for cyborg sucks ass plase fix him.

and you guys should make season 2 for Constantine plase.

4 Likes

Robotman was a real jerk this episode. Felt sorry for Larry. I wonder if it will ever come out why the negative energy chose him and for what purpose. Watching Jane and Robotman kick ass was funā€¦ Canā€™ wait for Cyborg to find out the truth about what his father did.

1 Like

A Plus/Minus Recap from me:

-Iā€™m just not feeling the Jane characterā€¦
-I really was hoping the 1950ā€™s/60ā€™s vibe of the show would have been retained
-No more narrationā€¦that was a big draw for meā€¦
+Love the backstory delving weā€™re still getting with Cyborgā€¦ His younger self, pushed way too hard by his father AND mother we seeā€¦ in a bit of an outburst he causes an explosion, killing his mother, and wounding himā€¦
+The amount of backstory weā€™re getting for these characters is amazing though. Honestly, Iā€™m a bit surprised at it, I can see a lot of people not enjoying the character momentsā€¦
+Love how Victorā€™s dad is basically cutting him off from STAR Labs funding. Considering heā€™s ignoring his dadā€™s wants for him to return home, makes sense

+ā€œNo private jet Vicā€ā€¦. Next seen Vic drives up in the busā€¦ The humourā€™s still here!

-Not feeling the music choices. Way tooā€¦poppyā€¦

+ā€œJustice League 2020!ā€ Haha, You heard it folks, new Justice League hint for 2020
+Like seeing how Larry just switches from his true self as a homosexual to his ā€œfaƧadeā€, married man without missing a beat.

+ā€œI keep waiting for you to changeā€¦ā€ Personal note here ā€¦butā€¦thatā€™s damn close to home for myselfā€¦

-Jane is supposed to have multiple personalitiesā€¦how come their all bitches?
-My problem about the timing of this show still bothers meā€¦ Cliff has been with the Chief and the gang for 20 yearsā€¦ TWENTY YEARSā€¦ and only now heā€™s just finding the file about himself with his wifeā€™s number? Likewiseā€¦Rita has had these ā€˜powersā€™ for 60+ yearsā€¦and sheā€™s still not able to control itā€¦or has never tried?

• Okay these Justice League ā€˜burnsā€™ that Robotman is throwing at Victor are freaking hilariousā€¦
    +Steve. I donā€™t know why but I want this guy to stick around

+Scene with Larry, burnt and his wife basically stating that sheā€™s doneā€¦all the while he canā€™t even see her face to faceā€¦pretty brutalā€¦
-Well sort of takes away from the ā€œgrowing upā€ that Victor (Cyborg) has to do when his father just sends him the Jet anywayā€¦I mean now it seems kind of pointless for the original scene of him denying his son the use of STAR funding. That was a good plot point because he would have had to make his own wayā€¦ now it just seems that heā€™s going to just get handed everything.

-The fight scene at the end seemed to just make use of all the clichĆ© cinematography of fight scenes thatā€™s ā€˜in vogueā€™ right nowā€¦

• And to close out the show, while his wife leavesā€¦his actual love, John, sticks the fucking landing and stays with him! Talk about a fucking roller coasterā€¦

+Okayā€¦.I donā€™t know who Steve was transformed intoā€¦ but we need to see his return post haste. Not as a villain perhapsā€¦

All in all damn good episode! Though Im a bit baffled as to how they leftā€¦without actually finding the Chief? I mean are they just going to assume heā€™s dead? They just sort of took the puppet and leftā€¦ You think theyā€™d have stayed in the area to continue the search?

2 Likes