Doom Patrol Ep. #3 Discussion Thread: Spoiler Zone! 🚨

Here is your safe space to talk freely about all your reactions to the third (already?) episode of Doom Patrol. Since you’ve already seen the episode, can we get into how it would probably be best if all episodes moving forward contained puppets?

If you have to watch it again to make sure you you saw what you think you saw, be sure to join our community Watch-Along tonight at 6pm PST/9pm EST- you can find the thread in the Watchtower section.

Tell us all the things!

21 Likes

Animal Mineral Man

6 Likes

'Nuff said…?

2 Likes

This is definitely one weird show but I am loving it. Funny how they stayed at the Sleep and Cheap motel! No Mr. Nobody narration this week, though.

5 Likes

I love the show.

In episode 3, I miss the cockroach (those are words I never thought I’d say).

10 Likes

I like this show about 365% more than Titans. Please stay good!!! Jane… I love U, girl.

10 Likes

I missed the unique recap. I wish they’d have kept that up.

I get that this is still a “superhero” type show, and I do enjoy the action, but my favorite parts of this show are when the characters are just sitting around, lol. I like when they confront their personal demons or they’re shown just being themselves, and I love their interaction with each other. There’s been a lot of character development that hit me right in the feels this week.

I like that we got more of Larry’s backstory. I still need to figure out what’s up with the Negative Spirit, how it works, what it wants… and I feel like there’s a Rita backstory coming up soon. We got a little taste of her past in last week’s episode. She’s still struggling. Crazy Jane seems more sure of herself, but she’s so interesting I think it’ll take the whole season to get to the bottom of her story.

I also love how there’s a Nazi Disneyland seemingly handing out powers to anyone who can pay for them… I liked the symmetry between the puppet show and how Fuchs was controlling his henchpeople like literal puppets. And Cliff sitting in that consultation room like it was a personal therapy appointment.

4 Likes

Matt Bomer absolutely slayed it this episode. So much feels coming from beneath that burn make-up.

13 Likes

I loved this episode all tge way down to it’s Animal-Vegitable-Mineral-Man cameo (fingers crossed he’s a season 2 big bad)

9 Likes

Rita was speaking truth to Cyborg about him being afraid. Go Rita!

7 Likes

This episode hooked me at the start, when Jane stapled the flyer to random guy’s forehead. Another wonderfully weird episode that I couldn’t stop watching!

6 Likes

“Nazi Punks Fuck Off” by Dead Kennedys was the perfect choice in music for that fight scene.

And that live-action version of Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man was better than it had any right to be. I hope he comes back if not this season, then next season.

13 Likes

I seriously am enjoying this show and can’t wait for next episode

1 Like

Animal vegetable mineral man looks cool.

3 Likes

Loved the episode. Is animal mineral vegetable man a thing?? Either way, I love that they are doubling down on the weird.

1 Like

Loved the episode. Is animal mineral vegetable man a thing?? Either way, I love that they are doubling down on the weird.

2 Likes

Greatness continues! Love the Larry flashbacks. Cyborg keeps impressing me

4 Likes

My jaw dropped at the end reveal of AVM!!! I am sooo excited! And incredibly glad that it wasn’t Steve Dayton😆

2 Likes

yeah, this show continues to impress. It is just extraordinarily impressive what they are able to achieve with Cliff, just how expressive they can make a character without skin or a mobile face. The fight scenes in this are awesome. The insight we got into Jane are awesome. Road trip to Paraguay was awesome. Honestly at first I thought that might have been the floronic man

4 Likes

@rhymetravila.20589 Same. Thought it was Floronic Man.