Doom Patrol Ep. #3 Discussion Thread: Spoiler Zone! šŸšØ

Best episode yet! Loved ever minute. Getting to know more about Larry was great, the trip to paruguay was a riot, Fuchtopia anyone? Lol The fight scenes wete top notch. Finally the team sees some real action! Im all in on this show. Best thing going right now. Bravo Dc.

7 Likes

This is slowly becoming my favorite tv show airing now on any channel or service.

8 Likes

Also, the material with Larry just gets better and better. His drama with the stowaway in his body, the emerging character of the creature itself, the drama between him, his wife, and his loverā€¦All of it is delicious. Between cliff, jane and larry picking a favourite character is literally impossible.

8 Likes

My only complaint so far was that Janeā€™s main personality was too much like Hammerhead/not enough like ā€œJane,ā€ so this episode seems to have addressed that, and in an interesting and surprising way. I canā€™t wait to see how this twist plays out.

1 Like

I somewhat liked episode 1, was not as fond of episode 2, but enjoyed episode 3.

There were a few chuckle moments, and a lot more character development. Although this show is still on the surreal side, not my favorite type of story, this one seemed more acceptable to me. Either I am getting more used to the surrealism, or I can take it in moderation, at least at times.

There was some gore, but the moment kinda called for it, and perhaps Robotman did not know just how strong he was. Noticing afterward just how much of a mess he made.

I liked Jane, Larry, and Rita and cyborg more in this episode as well. I already liked Robotman, and there is no change there.

MACJR

^ I agree that Cliff doesnt seem to realize just how strong he is. And I really like how cyborg kinda gives us an idea of what the larger superhero community thinks about heroes like the doom patrol.

2 Likes

What is Janeā€™s base persona?

1 Like

I am interested to see the elaboration on that face Jane gave Robotman when she saw what heā€™d done in the hallway. Especially considering what all was going on.

8 Likes

WHERE IS CLIFFā€™S

I thought it was a good way to explain the past with the puppets and it was nice to see vicā€™s dad would be willing to help if it was really needed, I really liked the reveal of animal vegtable mineral man.

2 Likes

All 3 episodes have been great. The music, the character work is all excellent. Hard to pick a favorite but if I was held at gunpoint maybe Crazy Jane even though I love everyone already!

4 Likes

Agreed , shows been great so far. I find the way the shows been written is very entertaining. The cast does a fine job playing off each other.

4 Likes

@jeff garcia I think it is the mysterious Katy, who stays deep in the underground.

2 Likes

I laughed out loud when the puppets come out and Cliff says ā€˜The Fuck!ā€™

8 Likes

3 episodes and already better than any marvel tv show yet

6 Likes

Robotman: I bet Aquaman never loses his keys.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I love it. Brendan Fraser is so perfect for this role.

7 Likes

@rhymetravila.20589 Iā€™m with you, I think thatā€™s going to turn out being right.

Couldnā€™t enjoy this show any more if I tried. Crazy Jane has stolen each episode for me. But thatā€™s not to take away from Larryā€™s tragic storyline. It was so moving. I hate that Negative man cant be more positive!

This latest episode was great for each starring character. We got to see a new side of each of their arcs while not slowing the story down one bit. I canā€™t fathome how much weirder this show will get but Iā€™m 100% ready to be taken there. :crossed_fingers:t2:Weā€™ll get a Titans cameo in a future episode!

6 Likes

This show has been nailing it. Itā€™s easily one of my favorite comic book shows ever. Normally these comic based shows flounder a bit after the first episode, but not the Doom Patrol. Every episode is leaving me wanting more. Keep it up.

1 Like

I really loved this episode a lot. The banters between Robotman and Cyborg is too perfect. Also, Iā€™ll be disappointed if Robotman doesnā€™t say, ā€œThe fuckā€¦ā€ At least once in every episode. Now speaking of Negative Man, this was such a great episode for him. Loved the focus, and we definitely get to sympathize and feel for him a lot more now thanks to this episode. All in all, this was another fantastic episode. Canā€™t wait for the next episode.

2 Likes