Doom Patrol Ep. #2 Reaction Thread: Spoiler Zone! 🚨

This show is frigging (and yes I said frigging) amazing!! I love how they utilize the characters, the camera shots, and that damn donkey! Great show this far.

1 Like

Fraggin awesome episode. Really did enjoy the inclusion for Cyborg, which I did not think I would. Also, anyone know what song was played at the end of the episode?

I was skeptical of Cyborg being in Doom Patrol, thinking his self-loathing ex-human would be redundant with Cliff there, but I love the way he fits in, and his personality and where he is in his life. I don’t think he’s cocky; I think he just seems that way in contrast against everybody else’s crippling self doubt. He might already be my favorite Vic ever.

6 Likes

Song at the end was from the great David Bowie titled Lazarus from 2016’s Blackstar. One of his last songs. I felt it was used VERY well. Loved Larry’s scene in his room with that song.

5 Likes

I like how much thought was given to Larry’s condition, and how much consideration was put into the design of his room, given he is literally radioactive.

4 Likes

This show has been so much better than I could have hoped. I went in zero doom patrol knowledge and now I’m all in on them.

3 Likes

Diane Guerrero’s acting in this blew me away. She was fantastic. Loved Cyborg’s portrayal as well.

4 Likes

Absolutely loved Jane in this. I kinda like this Cyborg better than the movie version.

4 Likes

I love Alan tudyk I was so happy when I saw he was in this his portrayal of nobody is really good!

3 Likes

Wish we could get the season all at one time so I can binge watch.

1 Like

Ok so the donkey as a doorway was funny as hell. I love Cyborg. He a welcome addition for me because everyone else is so “Doom and gloom”(yeah I said it😂)… DC has something good brewing here.

1 Like

Very interesting show, it has the makings of a great series. Many of the characters in this show are definitely an eye engaging wonder. When these characters were firs introduced on the titans DC series, I was definitely hoping that they would produce a series based upon them. Great job DC for giving us more serious content to watch. I was beginning to think that my money was a waste of time until now

3 Likes

Loving it so far… I definitely have a favorite at this point. Yeah you probably guessed it… Crazy Jane. Diane Guerrero is doing a fantastic job as the multi-personality bat-crap crazy team mate with multiple powers. I like the way they brought in Cyborg… so he’s here now because he is friends with the Chief but could easily show up as a Titan next season.

2 Likes

So, what exactly did Negative Man do that freed Cloverton ?

1 Like

I’m seriously loving this show. I’m not sure I understand what negative man did to save everyone, but then again maybe I’m not supposed to? There’s a lot of intrigue here.

2 Likes

Larry didn’t do anything, but the Negative Spirit energy did. It looked like it phased him out of Mr Nobody’s narrative fantasy, and destroyed enough stuff that the donkey puked everyone back out.

3 Likes

Saw it with my Broski clapped this shit lit :metal::fire::superhero::robot::face_with_head_bandage::dark_sunglasses::bomb:

1 Like

Agree with previous entry that Cyborg is a welcome funny counterpoint to gloom and doom, but then it is called Doom Patrol. The episode had a whiney component, as predicted by me in an earlier comment. Having lost a foot, tons of surgery, and spent some time in a wheelchair, I’ve always been a happy and positive person. Bugs me when writers assume we are all angry, whiney, hateful, and vengeful. Used to love the Oracle character, but heaven forbid we keep her in a chair. Love the weird and unexpected…keep it up.

1 Like

I think Crazy Jane was my favorite part of this episode. Diane Guerrero is fantastic as Crazy Jane!

2 Likes

This show is perfection. It captures the essence of the comic book and its characters to a t. Crazy is normal when you are in Crazytown. And this show is Crazytown. LOVE LOVE LOVE this series. Diane Guerrero stole the episode, unbelievable performance, and Alan Tudyk’s narration gets more addicting every time! I’m so ready for more… Bring it DC!

2 Likes