Doom Patrol Ep. #14 "Penultimate Patrol” Discussion Thread: Spoiler Zone! 🚨

Yeah Rita does deserve to be the leader and does any one know if flex will stay on the team? Or at least be on the next episode?

3 Likes

Curious how the season ends even more now. If we end up with the head next season, thatd be rad. Loving it either way. Counting the days for season 2 for sure

2 Likes

IMO, by far the weakest episode of the show. Very clearly telegraphed most what was going to happen before it happened.

When the first Flex “event” started it was really clear what was happening, thanks to April’s performance. She was the only one who increased her breathing rate and the breathing was shallow. Classic female response to such an event. The “pelvic muscles” being mostly slow twitch muscle fiber.

The Cliff bit was asinine, as such an “event” is actually a nuerological/neurochemical reaction and he has a brain, which is where the “event” is actually triggered. It was a “cheap laugh” that didn’t work. To many in the crowd cutaways, of people faking what they think people are supposed to look like during such an “event”.

All of them realizing that they were in BS worlds and were all going to reject them.

Jane doing the analysis of Mr. Nobody, totally setup by his opening sequence.

As soon as Silas gave the line that choosing his Vic or his mom was Niles idea, it became clear that this would be the case for all of them.

The Cyborg shooting Mr. Nobody had to be wrong, because of the white stripe on the hoodie compared to what he was wearing in the previous hospital scene.

The “giant robot” appearance was good, but, as soon as they got so immediately killed is was clear Mr. Nobody was messing around in Niles head.

The “truth shall set you free line” was clear that was the lynch pin. As they all said told him “You can tell us anything” montage, and knowing what “the truth was” from the Silas scene, I knew that they would not be OK knowing the truth.

Weak and quite predictable. No good unforseen twists. The other episodes have been so much better, this one was a real let down. But, that happens in a show. Seems like there is always at least one episode like that in a series. Gives me pause about the final episode, but, I think it’ll be turned around. Hoping they kinda had to do this episode to setup for a good finale.

1 Like

Another great episode! Flex is awesome. I guess he couldn’t send others to the white space and go himself. He really deserves his own spin off.
How much control can Rita exert over the white space? I’m thinking that might play a role in the finale.
Why didn’t the negative spirit come out of Larry in the white space? Will it play a role in defeating Mr. Nobody?
Can’t wait for the next episode.
And Brendan Frazer is the heart of this show. The phrase "What the F```
" now belongs to him. Actually that would make a great slogan for the show.

5 Likes

I am in positive awe of this how. It has rapidly become my favorite show on TV presently, and rates right up there with my favorite genre television series such as Buffy, X-Files and Star Trek. In fact, I promise to keep the DC Universe subscription going for as long as Doom Patrol is kept going.

3 Likes

When the team “went into battle mode” I suppose Mr. Nobody intended them not to actually do anything but in the comics clearly they could have easily defeated that robot between Negative Man messing with his electronic brain and Rita growing to larger than his size and then playing with it like it was a transformer toy. Not sure which of Jane’s numerous powers could have played but I’m sure she could easily have whipped out something that could have stopped the robot. If nothing else giant lava woman could have sufficed although she’s fallen back on that personality several times already. Cliff actually was in this case the one character who couldn’t do anything against the rampaging robot.
But since it was all just an illusion inside Nobody’s realm I guess they never had a chance to prove themselves.

1 Like

So with watching Doom Patrol episode on TitAns, did you always feel Niles Caulfield wasn’t always on the up and up.

Also was Crazy Jane created by him? If so wow
1 Like

Good episode better if Ambush Bug was in it yay

4 Likes

I’m interested in learning just how Niles was able to create the accidents. There must have been a lot of planning (making sure Larry would come into contact with the negative spirit at just the right moment, arranging for Rita’s accident to occur, etc.).

2 Likes

Is it wired that I like the show better without Mr Nobody! And sort of Niles too

1 Like

I remember when episode 1 drop, a lot of people lost their minds because of boobs and sex. So many threads and post about it.

Now, they throw more in including that orgasm scene. Love it!

4 Likes

I can’t wait to find out how Niles orchestrated all these not-accidents to make them look like accidents.

We finally heard Booyah but it was a fake Booyah lol

My favorite episode so far is Jane Patrol.

2 Likes

Hey did Mr. Nobody’s Girlfriend, Millie, have her own Comic Book?

All I know is that DC is putting out some real quality entertainment, like Doom Patrol and Titans so far, it makes my daughters and I hungry for more. Keep up the great job

2 Likes

@cliffmist.50879,

No, but it would be a cool inside joke if she was named after Millie the Model, a Marvel comic in that ran from 1945 to 1973. It was mainly a humor title, but it was a romance comic from 1963-1967, during the time of Doom Patrol’s original run.

We finally get “Boo Yah” and Mr. Nobody played us. Smh.

1 Like

Yes that is what I was thinking of, Millie The Model from Marvel of all places.

Who else saw the twist coming in the most recent episode? I’ve been waiting for it to drop all season.

1 Like

I honestly didn’t expect it this season.
It was a surprise.

I wonder if it will be revealed that Arani really is his wife, too.

@LeonardoMyst Yeah, it was getting so late in the season I was starting to worry that we were going to have to wait until a potential season two for the twist. Or worse, it was going to be a mid season cliffhanger.

And I feel pretty confident that she’ll be revealed as his wife. Bringing it up earlier in the season but not addressing it after the twist in the same season doesn’t make much sense.

1 Like