Doom Patrol Ep. #14 "Penultimate Patrol” Discussion Thread: Spoiler Zone! 🚨

The secret that Miles dropped was another Morrison plotline, and I was happy to see how it was used.

1 Like

@ Awesome_Squid,

Also, by revealing Nile’s secret this season means that he won’t need to appear as much in the next season. Not that he really appeared much this season…
I’m sure Timothy Dalton can push the budget.

I’m still expecting there to be reasons why Rhea and Arani were selected to represent the old team and get set up in the story.
Rhea will probably lead to the Red Jack story.
Arani will probably be more important as they dig more into Caulder’s past.
And I hope we see more of Joshua, too.
I think Mento’s story is done, so I doubt we’ll see anything but cameos of him in the future.

3 Likes

@oldrocker99.49549 Yep! That’s how I knew it was coming! It was adapted so well, which is good since Doom Patrol is one of the only things from Grant Morrison that I actually like!

@LeonardoMyst I was honestly expecting Red Jack to appear this season after they adapted the whole Decreator thing. Do you think Dorothy and the Candlemaker will appear next season?

I’m also glad they finally confronted what Larry did to his wife and kids. Someone else mentioned it on another thread: it was kind of weird that most of Larry’s character arc was about him when his family was basically abandoned by him because of his selfishness and cowardice. The way they confronted it (and everyone else’s problems) was perfect.

3 Likes

I agree.
I think everyone found some closure on this episode.
Even Beard Hunter! Lol

3 Likes

@LeonardoMyst So speaking of Beard Hunter, what was up with the weird straw Niles? I thought it would be explained when the went looking for Beard Hunter, but they just sort of glossed over it.

2 Likes

@ Awesome_Squid,

I do hope they delve into that again.
If there’s a second season, I expect he’d be involved if the woodswoman shaman thread is picked back up on.

I suspect that she got pregnant with Dorothy and Niles is protecting her.

I was hoping they wouldn’t use that plot twist from the comics. I thought it was dumb and ruins niles as a character.

@specufictiongeek.13570 I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy it. Personally, I feel the twist was well done in both the comic and the show.

1 Like

I thought this was gonna be about a new dance craze sweeping the nation!