Doom Patrol Ep. #1 Reaction Thread: Spoiler Zone!

It made sense because of robotman in his situations and Jane having split personality with one persona being mean and nasty

3 Likes

I didnt feel it was too forced in titans, maybe a little at times

@ TX85 agreed.

@ rhymetravila.20589 I dunno, maybe it felt that way for me because I’ve never considered any of the Titans to be heavy cursers. Definitely not F-Bombers.

SPOILER ALERT

I wonder if they’ll wait for S2 for Cliff to reunite with his daughter?

Titans are angry teenagers or young adults in crazy messed up situations.

The Chief, Negative Man and Rita are well mannered as they are suppose to be because they’re old school. Jane has an extreme case of split personality with some being volatile personas while Robotman is a wild jerk from the 80’s

5 Likes

I still think Titans will chill by the end of season 2

3 Likes

DOOM PATROL is tame compared to Titans

I love it! Very good.

2 Likes

It really did exceed my expectations.

2 Likes

A strong pilot with some transcendent character work, though Larry seemed to get the short end of the stick as far as screen time is concerned. He seems a bit altered from his Titans appearance and it makes me wonder if Gar’s absence has affected the more energetic/optimistic attitude he had in Titans.

Speaking of Titans, I’d have liked a line explaining when in the DP timeline that episode happened or even a reference to Gar. Hopefully we’ll get that sooner rather than later.

Everything was hitting on all cylinders for me right up until the last few minutes and the conflict over whether they were going to stay and protect the town or not. I mean, if there is a danger coming to the town - one that is looking for The Chief and the others - wouldn’t leaving protect the town? It was a muddy plot point for me and really just a minor quibble that could be answered later (for instance, if Mr Nobody is actually after Danny The Street, staying would make more sense).

An hour in, I already feel deeply for these terribly flawed characters, especially Cliff. The twist (and double twist) to his origin was heartbreaking. Mr Nobody’s narration sets a great tone and the music continually was crafting a lustrous atmosphere for the viewer.

All in all, it was a fantastic first episode. Looking forward to rewatching this and then getting more next week!

5 Likes

Tbh, I didn’t like it. Titans didn’t have too many F-Bombs and had an uncensored sex scene. Really hopping Titans season 2 isn’t that graphic

2 Likes

I liked it alot more than Titans.

1 Like

I liked it better than Titans. I was surprised by how much of Robotman’s backstory was in this first episode. And that it was engaging while also a downer. I may have read a couple of Doom Patrol stories tops before seeing this, and that was a long while ago, maybe if they were in those 100-page spectaculars back in the day. But the characters, so far, all seemed to be making plausible character choices as opposed to what Dick, Gar, Raven, and Kori did in the other series.

Not to be a prude, I was surprised by the sex scenes. I don’t have kids so I didn’t even check for age grading. And they didn’t offend me, just surprised me to see them in a DC TV show, more so than all the blood Dick kept getting on his face in Titans. I that offended me more. LOL

Again, not to be a prude, but as a 50-something, long time DC guy, it’s surprising to me to see what DCU feels is worthwhile content for its viewership.

I’ll keep watching…

1 Like

We enjoyed it …we were very excited to see our donky introduced in the pilot …we cant wait until next episode …

haven’t had Kool and the Gang or Billy Idol stuck in my head for awhile, loved the entire episode

Alan Tudyk is a joy to hear and watch

So far, the ones that didn’t like it seem to be because of the nudity and cursing. That’s not bad considering Titans was more divisive because of so many things

2 Likes

I enjoyed it and the only nitpick I have was the slow pace. I realize its just the pilot episodes and they had several origin stories to tell. I hope next episode will start to pick up a bit.

That donkey fart though! LOL

1 Like

It was amazing. 3 for 3 on original programming.

-Titans 8/10

-Doom Patrol 10/10

That’s my personal rating, how does everybody else rate the two live action shows DCU has to offer?

1 Like

Loved it. I want more.

2 Likes