Doom Patrol Ep. #1 Reaction Thread: Spoiler Zone!

Here is your safe space to talk freely about all your reactions to the premiere episode of Doom Patrol. And boy howdy, is there a lot to talk about!

If you have to watch it again to make sure you caught every little nuance, be sure to join our community Watch-Along tonight at 6pm PST/9pm EST- you can find the thread in the Watchtower section.

The Mind Is The Limit!

21 Likes

I loved it!

5 Likes

It was amazing! I loved Titans, but this for me may have been a better pilot. Brendan Frazer is badass!! (Apologies @Applejack - as a mod I should know better, but no other word describes him justly).

8 Likes

Great episode looked like a movie wasn’t expecting that first shot of cliff banging the help

6 Likes

It was awesome !! :slight_smile: The only thing I did not understand is the donkey who fart at the end xD

2 Likes

I might be more into doom patrol then Titans

4 Likes

Doom Patrol is off to a great start already! I must say I’m liking it more than Titans.

2 Likes

I am obsessed with how they realized Mr. Nobody. His character design is just perfect. And the opening scene when he obtains his powers is just chilling.

5 Likes

I really love all the flashbacks we got

2 Likes

To me what sets doom patrol apart is the great actors and that gives us great acting doesn’t need all the action to sell it great story telling

2 Likes

My fiance didn’t like Titans but she really likes doom patrol lots of action doesn’t do it for her

1 Like

I am gonna need to sit with this a while. I feel the acting is great, the action is well done, nut its really kinda weird how they all just go to town as soon as chief is away, cause I got the impression that it wasnt just his say so keeping them hidden, but their own wishes as well. also, where was gar in the parts that took place before titans? will he appear at all?

4 Likes

The balance of the tone is perfect. Dark but not too gritty, humorous but not over the top, emotional twists but not overly dramatic.

Everyone has great performances and shining moments. Except for negative man, everyone starts as jerks but are redeemed by the end

3 Likes

They always did and still wanted to stay home but it was Jane that convinced them. Not so weird to sit on it a while

2 Likes

It was Rita who said Larry and later Rita said Larry says yes

1 Like

Still not so weird or big deal. They were hesitant and said that they never go out

1 Like

There was no preview do we meet cyborg next week or later in the series

1 Like

I’m guessing Rita and Larry have a special bond he does what ever she wants we know it’s not sexual

1 Like

People in town seemed oddly unperturbed by clint’s appearance in town, at least until he lifted half of main street out the ground.

2 Likes

They looked at him confused when walking around with Jane. Look at the background extras

1 Like