Doom Patrol and Umbrella Academy

I support both in the end. But I am biased, been reading DC since I was a wee boy.

Issac, for some reason I can’t find you on Discord.

Please consider clicking the link I provided and see if you can jump into the room sometime at your convenience.

Issac, I hope everything is ok with you and yours, hope we hear from you soon. You are after all one of the founding participants of the DCU community!

U.A. is good, but the more episodes we get of Doom Patrol, the more it pulls ahead of U.A.

2 Likes

I love them both but I have to say Doom Patrol. Umbrella Academy is really cool but unfortunately they chose to water down some of the surrealness of the comic. I think wanting to “avoid comic book tropes” is a huge step backwards. But thankfully Doom Patrol embraces the STRANGE.

1 Like

I enjoy both! Gerard Way wrote the Umbrella Academy comics and I think he also wrote a book on Doom Patrol. The Umbrella Academy finale was completely mind blowing. I encourage you to watch it!!

1 Like

Yeah Gerard Way’s run on Doom Patrol was really good. It was the flag ship of DC’s Young Animal Imprint. Also Umbrella Academy itself is a loving tribute to both Doom Patrol and The X-Men.

1 Like

Potential Spoiler The first episode of Doom Patrol was better than anything DCU has put out yet. Recent episodes have too much shouting or pouting or Jane-isms to serve the plot.

Umbrella Academy is way off from the comic but is focusing more on developing the characters for the show and season two can pick up right where the first issue of the comic begins without skipping a beat.