Doom Patrol and Umbrella Academy

Deadly Class. gets nudged in the elbow Oh, right. Doom Patrol.

2 Likes

I really liked the ā€œDeadly Classā€ pilot. I bet itā€™s on Netflix next year like ā€œHappy.ā€

Deadly Class is the best comic based TV show (outside of DC, mind you) that nobody is inexplicably talking about.

4 Likes

I would almost buy it on ITunes right now if not for all the other content readily available. Judging from that pilot, it would be money well spent.

I binged Umbrella Academy yesterday and it was pretty good. With that said, there were parts that I skipped out of pure boredom which isnā€™t something I experience with Doom Patrol.

2 Likes

Iā€™m really on the fence with this as I watched the first episode of Doom Patrol and the first of Unbrella Academyā€¦I find my self wanting see the second episode of Doom Patrol where Unbrella Academy I not wanted to watch anymore. I found itā€™s first episode a little slow and dull, where Doom Patrol I find my self going to the page and counting down. The hours for episode 2. For now Iā€™m going to go with Doom Patrol but that could change as Doom Patrol not fully out. The season could change and make me not want to watch anymore as anything could happen.

1 Like

Seriouslyā€¦ canā€™t we just like both (or not) and not worry about ā€˜better?ā€™

6 Likes

@MH I liked both. But one was better. :man_shrugging:

Last weekend was a comic book themed binge the likes of which the world has never seen! Between the watchalong Doom Patrol Friday night / live talk Dischord group immediately after / watching all the Umbrella Academy episodes the rest of the weekend, then ending with around 3 hours reading and reflecting here on issues 1-5 Flashpoint as part of the DCU Bookclub participation, probably 12 or more hours of my weekend were swallowed up like that spinning vortex at the end of Doom Patrol episode 1!!!

A memorable highly entertaining unforgettable weekend! Yup, I enjoyed it all!

5 Likes

@Don-El, now THAT is how one should spend a weekend. A bender of comic based television followed by a bender of comics. Good stuff.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve watched all of them Bill academy itā€™s great. Doom Patrol only has 2 episodes so you canā€™t really compare it, but I love both.
ā€œTHEY SHARE MY LOVEā€

5 Likes

Iā€™m only a few episodes into The Umbrella Academy and Iā€™m really loving it. Iā€™ve read all the UA comics and I enjoyed them but I like the show more. With Doom Patrol Iā€™ve never read any of the comics so I donā€™t know what to expect from each episode. Going forward each DP episode will be a surprise while UA episodes will be my memories of the comics come to life. Iā€™ll have to reserve judgment on which is my favorite until there are a few more episodes of DP for comparison. But so far Iā€™d have to lean more towards UA even though I am really intrigued by DP.

2 Likes

While you really canā€™t compare since there are only a couple eps of Doom Patrol, I can confirm that the full season of Umbrella Academy is FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC! As a fan of the comic I am very impressed and pleased with how the show turned out.

3 Likes

I wonder if Mr. Way has watched Doom Patrol yet.

1 Like

I loved umbrella academy and my son loved it, nice edgy story without being TV MA. I loved the doom patrol comics but canā€™t watch DP because of the rating

@IssacBrown Youā€™ve been with the DCU Book Club since the beginning. Please consider stopping by our Dischord site.

1 Like

https://discord.gg/xcvkeqM

ta da

@Don-El

Thank you. I will join in Friday.

1 Like

@Don-El

I added a account a while back on Discord, same handle.

1 Like

I think if you are someone that likes this Jondra of entertainment One should find enjoyment in both shows